+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wtf!!!???

Wtf!!!???

ok so i know this is supposed to be where we post about whooping some a** but i just dont get what happened...

so i been driving around since the swap with no hood. i get all kinds of compliments and questions and a few guys wanting to race. ive had my share of wins and when i lose i get why. but this last one just has me stumped.

so i was cruising and this, what i think is a tacoma...., is next to me for a while stop light to stop light. its all pre-runnered out. looks like a early 20-somthing model. he ends up in front of me at a red. light turns green we start going and we get to about 20mph and he punches it. i hear this high pitch funky 4 or 6 banger sound and he starts to bone out. i wait like 2 sec which gives him about a car length and i say ef-it, lets do this. so i punch it. i match his speed instantly.... BUT ONCE I MATCHED IT, I COULDNT GAIN A THING!!!!!! we got to about 60 and hit the next light but i had to turn so i couldnt do it again.

as i rolled by, i saw what i believe to be a V8 emblem on his tailgate. but im not positive. i did a lil research and it seems to be that nissan threw some v8's in some tacomas but i have no clue what year or model the truck was. i also see that they do what we do here... v8 swaps....

now i can understand that if he had an 8, i did ok being that i kept up with a truck that weighs a lot less than mine... but whats up with the goofy sound i heard from his? could it have been a S/C 6er with a fake v8 emblem? did he have an 8 that sounded like crap and i just couldnt gain?

what gives!!!??? i need some clarification damit!! lol what am i missing? i thought my 350hp 6.0 wouldnt have a problem against that thing but boy was i wrong. i dont get it!!! any clues? anybody know anything about these damn nissans??
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Idk but I think it was spikes truck at the shootout that sounded like a 6 and ran 8s
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

There are some supercharged 6's. They do okay.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

sounds like a s/c v6... we had on in town here for awhile and it ran pretty good. cant remember what it sounded like but alot of people under estamated it due to thinking it had a 4-banger
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

yeah well im going to go with that then. musta been charged. but hey, my N/A motor in a truck thats at least 1000lbs heavier on 20's... i can live with that

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Toyota will put the TRD supercharger on quite a few of their models. The 5.7 Tundra is a BEAST with a charger. The Tacomas aren't that bad but you have to think about something else too...if he hit the gas before you he had a heck of a head start and it's MUCH harder to win if you are playing catch up. My buddy's Tundra will walk my truck from a roll if he hits it first and I'm almost half a second faster at the track.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

that's true. playing catchup is hard. I guess I figured if mine was faster, is at least be pulling up some rather than none... at least he wasn't pulling away! Haha. and yeah, I know those tundras have a pair... haven't gone up against one of them yet... maybe ill wait till the turbo is in...

Found this today. this sounds like what i was up against. hard to believe anyone would spend that kinda cash for that small bump in power but hey, whatever floats your boat. so, bottom line, dont shrug those tocomas off...

TRD supercharger

Toyota Racing Development offers a TRD supercharger for the FJ Cruiser and Tacoma equipped with 4.0-liter V6 engine, available through Toyota dealerships. The supercharger increases the Tacoma's power output to 304 hp (227 kW) from the original 236, and the torque output to 334 lb·ft (453 N·m).[15]

This all-new TRD supercharger is compatible on all 2005 through 2010 model year Toyota Tacoma trucks, and 2007 and 2009 model year FJ Cruiser SUV.[16] This supercharger system features Eaton roots-type rotating components in a one-piece integral manifold, iridium spark plugs, and a five-rib serpentine drive belt system. It produces six to eight pounds of boost pressure.

The supercharger, when installed by an authorized Scion or Toyota dealer, has the same warranty as powertrain, five years or 60,000 miles (97,000 km), or the balance of the new car warranty, whichever is greater. When not installed by an authorized dealer, the supercharger is covered by a 12-month, 12,000-mile (19,000 km) parts-only warranty. The manufacturer's suggested retail price of the TRD supercharger is $4,500, not including installation.

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

$4500 plus install for 68 horsepower sounds like ricer logic!

236 to 304 that sounds a lot like a bolt on 5.3 getting a cam and long tubes. Lol
    $1100 vs $4500 hmmmmm yeah GM>Toyota
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+ Reply to Thread