+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Budget ebay rear mount turbo kit, what do you think?

New Budget ebay rear mount turbo kit, what do you think?

I saw this when I was looking on ebay and noticed this kit, I think the cold pipe looks pre-bent so that is nice, and Godspeed turbo are cheap but.... For just over $1,100 maybe worth it

Sts style rearmount turbo system t72

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221172326123?redirect=mobile

Looks very incomplete.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Looks very incomplete.
    X2...
    2006 Silverado aka (Bad Bitch)
    K&N CAI, Diablo Predator, muffler delete, and a vette servo. 14.7x @ 93 mph (sold)

1998 SS Camaro aka (Silver Bullet)
    LS6 intake, ported TB, LTs, ORY, cut out, and a pantie dropping tune by Nelson. 12.6 @ 110 mph 327 hp 347 tq

2011 ecsb silverado aka (silver sleeper)
    forged 6.2 and a small snail

Not putting you down but if you have to ask, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. If you are a great fabricator you could make one from scratch and not need the kit. Like the others said not anywhere near complete. I would guess with that and about another $6-8K you might have yourself a turbo setup.
    Last edited by GMCwantsLS1; 08-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Quote Originally Posted by GMCwantsLS1 View Post
    Not putting you down but if you have to ask, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. If you are a great fabricator you could make one from scratch and not need the kit. Like the others said not anywhere near complete. I would guess with that and about another $6-8K you might have yourself a turbo setup.

wow! "if you have to ask you have no idea what you getting yourself into" i know it is very incomplete. I know that it takes a lot more, fuel, tuning, ring gap, valve springs ect but i was pointing out that it might be a good start for a BUDGET build. As far as $6-8k, you can spend that and you can spend a lot more, BUT you can spend a whole lot less i know we have seen the hot rod mag 594hp 5.3 for $3,200 which to put in a truck would be more but not twice and more! I've been a mechanic for 10 years, and i have many friends with turbo ls cars, if you spend 6-8k you must be paying some to do it or you going crazy with it, please don't try to scare people off

There are different levels of turbocharging a truck, I'm guessing Jeff (gmcwantsLs1) is referring to a full build with quality components and taking into consideration some of the supporting parts.
    The OP is considering a budget kit that could work but didnt mention all the bs that comes along with a turbocharged truck.

I guess it all comes down to what you know and done; and how much power you're shooting for.

When I first started I didnt think I'd be buying a $7000 transmission lol; but it hasnt broken yet.

What I meant by 6-8K is having someone build it for you correctly with supporting mods. Actually I am on the low side at that estimate. Not trying to scare anyone as I love turbo setups but be aware that it is no cheap way to make reliable power. I sold my STS system for $1500 complete so you might look for one of those. Or go with the Ebay kit if you want. Trans alone can break 3K easy as those go out with stock power.
    Last edited by GMCwantsLS1; 08-14-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

+ Reply to Thread