+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hesitation

Hesitation

I sprayed a 125 wet shot to start out with tonight. I've got the nitrous coming in at 3500 rpm. When the nitrous hits it falls on it's face bad then it takes off. What could be causing this? BR6EF's are gapped at .038. A/F is a little lean. It's an NOS wet plate kit. Bottle pressure was 900 psi.

It almost sounds like its dumping fuel right before the nitrous hits.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Yeah that sounds like a possibility. I'm new to nitrous what could cause that to happen?

Could be different things. Difference in line length from solenoid to nozzle, not sure if you're running a purge or not, but that could be a cause. I'd imagine that at 900-1000 psi, that nitrous is moving much quicker than the fuel though.

I don't have a purge kit yet. I didn't measure but it looks like both the lines are about the same length.

Been doing some research. I have an NOS tps/window switch. One guy was saying he had the same problem when the tps was hooked up to the wire near the tb. When he hooked it up to a wire down by the pedal it fixed everything. I currently have mine hooked up to the green wire by the tb which gives a solid 4.1v. Nitrous activation is set at 3.9v

If that doesn't fix it just purge it into the motor idk though might not work with a window switch never used one of those.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

my first hit will always lag. have to purge the air out of the nitrous line. Go spray another hit, it will be much better.

So I've tried all of these things and it's still there. It backfired pretty loud today. I haven't had much time to play with the jets yet but right now I've got it down to 12.0 a/f. Does anyone think being lean can cause this, amung the other obvious things? I know i still need to get it dialed.

What do the plugs read? I don't trust widebands for nitrous hits.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+ Reply to Thread