+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 95 v6 swap questions

95 v6 swap questions

Alright so I seen the threads on these obs ls conversions but I need a little guidance as for my motor mounts I have a 95 v6 tbi what will I need to do, and also I heard my 95 fuel pump should work and some people say before 96 I need to change to a diffrent pump. Any suggestions guys ? Need all the help I can get I already purchased the motor 03 5.3 vortec 85,*** miles with harness pcm and all accessories included and the 6.0l fly wheel to use with my old tranny and I only have a fed gas line on the intake no return.

That thread at the very top, the one you probably read will guide you through all of those questions you have:

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...onversion.html
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Alright so I seen the threads on these obs ls conversions but I need a little guidance as for my motor mounts I have a 95 v6 tbi what will I need to do, and also I heard my 95 fuel pump should work and some people say before 96 I need to change to a diffrent pump. Any suggestions guys ? Need all the help I can get I already purchased the motor 03 5.3 vortec 85,*** miles with harness pcm and all accessories included and the 6.0l fly wheel to use with my old tranny and I only have a fed gas line on the intake no return.
    I am in the process of that exact swap now. U have to tear out the V6 mounts. Use a cutting
    wheel and air chisel to break the rivets holding the V6 mounts to the frame. Installing the V8 mounts are straight formats. I had my old man with an impact gun screwing in the bolts up top of the mounts as I was holding the bolts from the bottom in-between the frame. People have said that u have to remove the lower control arm, that's B.S. There is a gap between lower control arm and the frame. Get a long extension with swivel head and u are "f***king golden" !! I did it with some loc tite. Only had to use three bolts per mount to hold in place. I changed my fuel pump to a 1996 c1500 V8 model and it was easier when the bed is removed.

I left the V-6 frame mounts in place. I simply fabbed two U-shaped steel motor mounts, that bolted right up to the block. Been in use for 10 years with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by droopyzda1 View Post
    I am in the process of that exact swap now. U have to tear out the V6 mounts. Use a cutting
    wheel and air chisel to break the rivets holding the V6 mounts to the frame. Installing the V8 mounts are straight formats. I had my old man with an impact gun screwing in the bolts up top of the mounts as I was holding the bolts from the bottom in-between the frame. People have said that u have to remove the lower control arm, that's B.S. There is a gap between lower control arm and the frame. Get a long extension with swivel head and u are "f***king golden" !! I did it with some loc tite. Only had to use three bolts per mount to hold in place. I changed my fuel pump to a 1996 c1500 V8 model and it was easier when the bed is removed.
    Thanks for the info so that means I can't use my 95' fuel pump ? Hows your build comming along what else dis you change ?

Quote Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck View Post
    I left the V-6 frame mounts in place. I simply fabbed two U-shaped steel motor mounts, that bolted right up to the block. Been in use for 10 years with no issues.
    Do you have pics of the steel plates you used ? Im looking for the easiest painless way to mount the motor lol.

You will have to use the 96 up fuel pump.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Alrighty thanks

Here's a pic of typical plates. There are many out there, depending on what you want to spend. These plates are used in conjunction with the original "clamshell" mounts from the small block. I'm not sure if your V-6 was equipped with them, but I believe the mounting bolt pattern was the same on either the V-6 or V-8.

I have read here on this site that the plates will need to be clearanced a little to clear a mounting boss cast into the LS engine block. Nothing a grinder can't take care of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trans-Dapt-4...e9233a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-engine-sw...517878&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-LSX-Engin...5762d3&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Mickeymotormount; 08-18-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

What do I do with the two pink wires from the blue pcm connector ?( making my own standalone harness already have fuse box in and OBD2 connector)

+ Reply to Thread