+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RAS or Traction Bars

RAS or Traction Bars

Has anybody tried RAS (Roadmaster Active Suspension) I don't haul or pull a trailer. I'm debating between the RAS and the Cognito Traction Bars. The truck dose have a 6in lift. Here is a link to RAS.
    http://www.activesuspension.com/eliminate-axle-wrap-2/

If you don't haul a trailer why would you wanna put helper/ overload springs on? Going to make the ride rough in the back to. Do the cal tracs. Not sure what springs came with your lift but I don't have any axle hop with mine. May be shock issue also. I'm using pro comp 9000, and 33in pro comp Xtream MTs with a Tru trac and they just spin and smoke lol

Here is my thought. I'm getting the motor rebuild to a 383. I going to build the trans myself. (Monster in box). That's going to be an experience in its own. I'm more worried about axle wrap. Just want to keep thing from inline with the extra torque. I run Dick Cepek 35 Mud Country. I just in stalled new Fox shock also. I also added a E-Locker this year.

The monster in a box is a good option if you do it right. Not the very strongest out there, but a complete kit for sure. Caltracs or similar will help a ton with axle wrap. It's a great mod especially for the money.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

If you switch to lift springs instead of the lift block, that will take care of the axle wrap issues. That is what I run.

Foggy: Were did you get your springs. I think that may a very good option to consider. The lift I have is BDS 6'.5" Lift with blocks.

I got my springs through Summit Racing.

What year is your truck?

Is there diff springs on the half ton z71s depending on the package? Mine are pretty stiff and I'v never had a wheel hop prob. But I know guys that have and there trucks squat easyr than mine. Idk may be something to look into

+ Reply to Thread