+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine Harness Fuse Box

Engine Harness Fuse Box

I had recently purchased a 5.3 for my 98 c1500, it came with almost everything except the fuse box.
    Would like to know if anyone has built there own. I originally was going to get one at the salvage yard but they have none....

I did check out LT1swap.com....but looking for other ideas or could I retro the one in my truck now.......its a 4.3

pics would be great

well mine came with the newer fusse block and instead of trying to integrate it into the old one or making one like lt1 swap, i kept the new block and just added 3 relays to make it work. wasnt that hard to do. if you dont want to find a newer block or make your own, since your taking away the engine control circuits from the old fuse block, you should be able to fit the new into it. i cant tell you how as i didnt personally do that but im sure if you have the diagrams from both vehicles, it should def be possible. but those are pretty much your only 3 choices..
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Im using the 5.7l obs fuse block. I removed ac though. Some things will need to be repinned and wire the pink injector wires will need to be brought to a common ignition source. I just used 2 sources on the fuse block. Repinning the fuel pump is easy. Not sure how similar the 4.3l uhfb is to the 5.7l uhfb, but if its close i could try and help you out
    Last edited by shmiet; 07-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Back Alley Motorsports 98 GMC
    -5.3l LM7 bored to 5.7l Thompson Motorsports -72mm T4 Magnum Turbo
    -TU1 Custom Grind cam(spec speed.inc) -799 heads
    -.660" Trick Flow dual valve springs -Forged Probe Pistons 3.902" flat top

On the 4.3 fuse box there is plenty of room to add things, that is the route I may take..

Where can you get the pins and parts to add to the block....the fuse block has room to add just no blade holders or what ever you call them. Off the top of my head there are only 1/2 dozen fuses and a couple of relays....its a stripped down WT model...no ac or cruise control.

I wish I knew man- you could try Warehouse Services if you have one in the states(they supply Napa), junkyard fuse block if you can remove them, or maybe a gm dealership? I put in a hotwire kit for my fuel pump so i had an external relay, and i used inline glass fuses for my e-fans and water meth pump-could have put them in the uhfb but it was more convinient.

They are called maxi fuses, just so you know what to ask for

+ Reply to Thread