+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LS1 into 91 C1500.

LS1 into 91 C1500.

Ok so I'm in the middle of swapping out an LS1 in my truck. Its getting rebuilt right now with some goodies. Anyways, where can i get a wiring harness that is just for the ls1 since my tranny is manual? also will trucks A/C fit? what about the trucks power steering? do i get the truck style water pump or ls1 style water pump?and if i get the new harness how can i keep my dash to work? what else would i need? Thanks.

http://nelsonperformance.com/ will make you a harness they did mine and it was perfect!
    1997 RCSB, AES 390 + 4L80E transplant, F1A Procharger, #160 injectors, Magnafuel 750, Schoenfield Longtubes, 3" flowmasters, Steve Morris Bullit cam, Circle D 3k stall, Ford 9" rear, Homemade Caltrac bars.

Simple swap for you,,, the wiring will be simple..

I used a nelson harness on my 94 model A++,, the do nice work.

You can buy a aftermarket bracket to keep your stock R4 compressor, this is the nicest one I have seen..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R4-A-C-Reloc...fe48d0&vxp=mtr

The power steering hooks right up to the pump if you are using a motor from a truck which is what I used. I also left the stock water pump on my engine as well... you will need an adapter for your oil pressure sending unit, I used the 3 wire camaro sending unit for my temp gauge... I left my factory harness under my hood... I used all my stock AC wiring,, left the plug on for the oil sending unit and spliced the wire for the temp gauge... nelson had a wire on my new harness for the speedo and tachometer.. I ran those straight into the dash to the cluster plug... all the other wires are straightforward...

+1 to the above. I went the cheaper route and used the original harness and modified it for my truck. It definitely takes longer than using a plug and play harness from an aftermarket company.

I have heard only good things about the Nelson harnesses. If you have the cash, it will certainly save you time in the long run than modding up an original harness.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

+ Reply to Thread