+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine swap issues

Engine swap issues

I got a low mileage 5.3 from a 1999 silverado and installed it into my 03 yukon. I swapped the intake, manifolds, oil sender and the install went smooth. But it won't start, it cranks over fine, tested the crank sensor, has good fuel pressure but no spark, any ideas?

VATS needs to be turned off.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Wouldn't the security light be on?

This is true.. fuel lines backwards? I did that once
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    This is true.. fuel lines backwards? I did that once
    Has fuel pressure, just no spark.

i could be wrong but arent the 99-02 computers different than 03+ ??? i cant tell for sure from your post but it seems like all you did was swap the motor only.... if you changed the harness and pcm then nevermind.

but i also had the same problem when i first tried starting mine. it was a missing ground. yes one single ground wire prevented spark. the one apararantly a lot of people miss. its on the driver side of the block down low. check ALL your grounds as they are VERY important.

as soon as i connected it, she fired right up. good luck
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

It still has the the original pcm and wiring, all I switched was the engine, not the intake or anything else. I will check that ground.

did some more checking, the computers are different but it SEEMS the pcm SHOULD still control it as long as they are both set up for DBC or DBW. but anyway, sounds like its probably that ground. let us know
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

As long as u transfer over your old sensors yours will control new engine. Cam sensor can cause that. Double check grounds
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Yep, the small ground on the driver side wasn't on, thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread