+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about building the ultimate sleeper

I've got an ole beat up 87 4x4 suburban that I'm seriously considering a sprayed 408 with a th400 and dropping the t-case. But that is on hold until we get moved into the new house.
    Truck: 05 GMC CCSB SLT Z71,
    Go Faster: 5.3, 219/227 .607/.614 112, milled heads, eBay CAI, Circle D 2800, 3030 Built 60E, E-Fans, 3030 Tuned, LT's, Spintech Muffler, DuraGrip w/ 3.73's
    Look Better: 10K HID's lows & fogs, tinted Chevy tails

Quote Originally Posted by EL SRG View Post
    nice setup bro
    thanks
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Needs to be long bed with crooked dual exhaust and grandpa tube steps and an eagle/wolf mural in the rear window.

And absolutely no need for DR's, that'd completely kill the sleeper effect and you should still be able to cut 1.7x's consistent on street tires. And keep it 4wd so you can do cheesy pickup truck brake torque burnouts and make fools think you can't hook on the street. I do it all the time, then click in to 4hi and leave them spinning at the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredSled View Post
    Needs to be long bed with crooked dual exhaust and grandpa tube steps and an eagle/wolf mural in the rear window.

And absolutely no need for DR's, that'd completely kill the sleeper effect and you should still be able to cut 1.7x's consistent on street tires. And keep it 4wd so you can do cheesy pickup truck brake torque burnouts and make fools think you can't hook on the street. I do it all the time, then click in to 4hi and leave them spinning at the line.
    Exactly...and forget the 6.0. Do a 408 and have the 317 heads ported since nothing external will give it away and it will eat up the lope of a fairly large cam nicely. Could be a mid 12 second truck on motor.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    Exactly...and forget the 6.0. Do a 408 and have the 317 heads ported since nothing external will give it away and it will eat up the lope of a fairly large cam nicely. Could be a mid 12 second truck on motor.
    I'm mid 12 sec on street tires and factory 20s with just a 6.0 with cam and crappy mild ported 241's. With a 408 I'd be shooting for 11's for sure!

Doing a 408 would blow the budget up dramatically. A forged 408 would cost 3-4k more than the 6.0 and keeping it a 6.0 allows me to honestly say its a factory motor. I am not looking to go all out this is more of something for messing with people. Especially the ricer scene and programmer only diesel boys. I might look at some long beds because they are cheaper to buy and add to the sleeper effect. However, I am pretty set on running AWD. I don't want to mess with getting it in and out of 4wd safely and binding thru turns. I know even a 12 or 13 second truck will ruin most vehicles in AZ. While a hotrod scene is huge the majority of people I would be picking on would be near stock Subaru's, fart can Hondas, occational mustangs, and diesel boys. The scene is very different in Phoenix. Scary fast big money cars exist, but very very few people are running in the 11-13 sec range. Track days are generally 2 groups 9sec and faster or 14secs or slower. This is going to be purpose built vehicle with the intentions of being a sneaky sleeper with big surprise factor. Like French mentioned I won't be beating most people by more than 1 or 2 lengths.

So my thought on a cam is along the lines of a 224/228 LSA114 keep the idle smooth and quiet. Along with a very large magna flow or 2 even. Also I am contemplating where to place the bottle activation switch and which engine cover would hide the spray the best.
    Last edited by kerrige; 08-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

My N2O switches, were inside my glovebox. That little compartment to the left. Had my bottle heater and arming switches in there. Then my WOT/window switch was on the bottom of the fusebox lid. No engine cover, so you could see my solenoids and lines and the plate. But the electronics, especially inside the cab were hidden. More for reasons based on the legality of N2O in Ontario and our Gestapo-esque police force than the sleeper effect.

Now I just don't care. Ryan got me a deal on the NX switch panel that goes in the slot where the 4wd selector switch would be if my truck was gay. Needed room for other switches, 2 step, meth etc.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 08-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

If the center console and cupholder area is the same as my 04, the whole cupholder panel comes up pretty easy, would be a nice discreet are for switches.
    2004 Avalanche pewter/black Cammed, Stalled, SOLD!
    2009 Saab 9-7x Aero, Diamond Silver 1 of 21

you think its its possible to put a bottle inside a center console?
    2005 GMC RST *sold
    2006 Silverado SS with nawz

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKY View Post
    you think its its possible to put a bottle inside a center console?
    Not without butchering the center console. I have seen it done with cutting and remolding the plastics.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+ Reply to Thread