+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 92 K1500 6.0 air intake question

Question 92 K1500 6.0 air intake question

Hey guys, long time lurker here and I think this is my first post lol. I've been hip deep in my swap for quite a while. I do want to say thanks to all of you for having so much info here that I've assimilated and used along the way. However long story short I decided to torture myself and do a full 6.0/4L80e swap along with an interior swap to a 95+ and an NBS 14 bolt with disc swap.

Yea, I know I'm stupid. Haha. Anway, It's all pretty much finally finished, and my question is with anyone running the 102mm FAST stuff, what do you do with an intake setup? I've seen guys use the H2 CAI from K&N but two issues I have are I don't know the diameter of its piping and it appears to be a passenger side mounting. I really need to go to the drivers side since the battery is on my passenger side along with my cooling fan stuff. That's another issue: the cooling fans are a 05 E-fan setup and it leaves not much room for some intake stuff. I'd really like to keep 4 inch piping to keep it with the TB diameter and not introduce too many diameter changes. Since this thread is useless without pics/vid here's a video of the truck at idle at roughly 1000 rpm.

http://youtu.be/Je0_cenZzPw

y dont you just relocate the batt to the driver side. its really not that hard. i modified my stock tray to fit the other side or you can just buy one for that side and then just adjust your cables acordingly. really not that big a deal
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Or just measure and build exactly what you want for cheaper than most pre-fabbed kits out there from here:

Siliconeintakes.com

I don't want to relocate the battery because I have all the cable lengths setup for where the battery was originally. Also my washer bottle is in that driver side area because I put the PCM where the original one was and used a 96+ bottle to retain it. Plus my amp power wire, cooling fan controller and body grounds are all hooked up over there. I've seen the stuff at silicone intakes, and already priced out the 4' 90* elbow I'd need and such, I was just curious what others have done since it doesn't seem to be a widely talked about topic.

I have my battery in the stock location with the hummer intake. Take a look at my pics in my album. Click on my picture and you can than look at my album I have a 1992 and the filter ends up right where the cold air comes in on the passenger side inside fender.
    Last edited by gagliano7; 07-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Nice those pics really helped thanks. Do you happen to know the diameter of the intake tubing?

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraHunter View Post
    Nice those pics really helped thanks. Do you happen to know the diameter of the intake tubing?
    Check out this thread

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...peed-swap.html I used the same intake. I think it is 3in but I don't remember. I had to cut the tube a little shorter to make it fit but that was easy.

Here is the intake http://www.andysautosport.com/hummer...intakes/bully/ When I bought the intake price was $95 a see price has doubled.
    Last edited by gagliano7; 07-02-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Hmm. Ok, awesome, thanks

+ Reply to Thread