Just finished a neat project I know you guys will like.
Brand new (600miles odometer), loaded '13 Avalanche.

Originally had the 5.3L / 6L80e.

Now equipped with a GM crate LSx376-B15 and a 2.9L Whipple.
The engine is waaaay more than what's needed and the charger was chosen for it's larger displacement, vs the smaller 2300.

Engine: http://www.crateenginedepot.com/LSX3...06-P50811.aspx

The charger is Whipple's 2.9L, used on the new Camaro.
http://whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1243

We also added ati crank pulley, longtube headers, 2800 yank converter, bm trans cooler, magnaflow muffler, 4" cold air tube, TruTrac posi, plx gauge and not that you can really tell, a leveling kit for the front.

TRUCK IS AWESOME!

As of now, the charger is barely working at 3-4 psi, but the truck is pretty damn quick. A new pulley is on the way to get things fun.

Goal: a reliable 600hp Avalanche. With an engine that is overdone, a charger that is barely working and staying cool, and absolutely no issues or leaks, this was definitely a success. By no means is this the fastest truck on the road, but it's probably one of my favorite builds. Considering it will never break, gets 16.5mpg and will smoke the tires thru 1st and 2nd. Idle and drivability is great. Steady at 700rpms; the yank converter helps keep the pull away at lights and really allows the engine to get into it's powerband immediately!
Obviously this combination has a ton left on the table and you're probably asking "why" didn't we want more power? Reliability!
I know I'm bench racing here, but I'd put this truck against any other and bet it could easily be the fastest Avalanche around; that is if we took advantage of the engine and chargers potential.
I know it's really hard for some of you gearheads to get over how tame this build is lol; but when you consider how reliable this setup will treat the customer, it was a good decision. However, I still think this engine should be in a race truck lol. It'll support over 1,000hp and the charger can feed the engine with about 15+psi, but it won't see it.

I've been driving the truck (customers request) for about a week to see if any issues come up; there's been zero!

Good oil pressure, engine and trans staying cool and the chargers iat's aren't worth mentioning (cool).

I'll post some dyno numbers later this week after the new pulley shows up.

IMG_4613%20%28Copy%29.jpg

IMG_4595%20%28Copy%29.jpg

IMG_4601%20%28Copy%29.jpg

IMG_4603%20%28Copy%29.jpg

IMG_4607%20%28Copy%29.jpg