+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AudioControl LC2 - 2channel line output

AudioControl LC2 - 2channel line output

hey guys.

i want to keep my stock head unit in my '11 HD; i probably won't ever upgrade it.

so, i'm installing a fosgate sub and amp; it needs audio signal to it.

i have two front and two rear door speakers, like all crewcabs.

without disturbing the stock speakers how do i hook up this line output device?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I...62#details-tab

i see the stock speaker wires go into the line controller, then out in the form of rca plugs, then to the speakers. that's easy.
    then inside it magically gives me a sub output, which is easy.

do i really need to run the stock wires thru this unit?

i don't want to skimp on the install, wanna right, and if this is the way, then that's fine.

I don't think my radio has a stock sub output.

edit: oh ya, and since it's just a 2 channel line controller, do i take the front or rear speakers thru this device?

thanks,
    allen

Hope this helps. It looks like you can "tap" into the speakers and run them to the unit.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Pull your side floor panel on the driver side and you will see a big wire harness, follow it to the far back panel by the rear door, the wires that go up to the door are speaker power locks windows n such, the speakers will be twisted to gether, but it's foot to put a meter on them n make sure there your speaker, just cut them there and tap sig from under the panel, if you need help call me ill walk you threw it. It's easy I've done it a 1000 times when I did car audio for a living

and there's no issue with tapping into the wires using no line driver or something? don't want distortion or weird out the stock radio by loading it with more wiring.

would this work as well?
    pull the radio, find those two or four wires going to the back of the rear door speakers, cut and splice in this line driver? then reconnect the factory speaker wiring to the output of the line driver, like the pic shows?

i got it covered what you suggested, and will probably do that, thanks for the info guys.

No u won't have any issues, u can go behind the deck if you want, it's just easyr to go in the panel, less work and wires are easr to spot, I'd do it on a back speaker tho, and if its a Bose system u have to do it after the factory amp, so behind the radio won't work then

Also that's a data system so turn on for the amp will come out the fuse panel, don't use airbag tho, n come off the dead side of the fuse so ur fuse still works, also if I remember right ur back rear should be dark green and light green, or dark blue n light blue, speaker will be the only 1 twisted to gather n will read 4ohm with a meter

Ive been looking for something like this for the 2010 CC as well so now I know for sure.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Very simple to do. I personally wouldnt cut a single wire. First off, use your 2 back doors speakers. Gives you more tuning ability for the sub. Take the panels off and look at the speaker wires. Simply splice in with 2 Scotchlocks and elec tape the hell out of it. Those thoings aren't the greatest, but keep your wires in one piece. Then just run the RCA's off the LOC to your amp. You can use the 12v power wire for the head unit for a remote line. And that's it. If the bass is too much or too little, just use your fader as a sub level adjustment. I did an LOC in my 2002 Beamer and that thing hammered!
    04 Z-71 ECSB, Leveling Kit, DC Mud Country 33'', JBA Shorties & Super 40 Flowmaster, PPI, JL Audio & Alpine audio with I-pod

Only problem with the scotchlocks is they tend to cut threw the wire overtime, and the wire corrodes but you can do that if you like, best way is to solder the wires, it was policy where I worked not to use any wire taps

+ Reply to Thread