+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To the guys who have trade in modded trucks.

To the guys who have trade in modded trucks.

So I found a crew cab 4x4 6.2 truck and just started talking to the dealer. They are out of states so most of the stuff is being done via email. How have the dealers reacted to those of you trading in a truck that is modded and should still be under warranty?
    2010 Silverado 4.8 Ext Cab 4x4
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    So I found a crew cab 4x4 6.2 truck and just started talking to the dealer. They are out of states so most of the stuff is being done via email. How have the dealers reacted to those of you trading in a truck that is modded and should still be under warranty?
    Some dealers will screw you if they don't get many. Others who get them regularly don't care as much. Totally depends on who you talk to. You are better off demodding the easy stuff, but they can find the tune etc if they really want to.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Thanks for the reply. I have considered pulling the cam/ valve train since I could ruin the warranty on the new one my first weekend.
    2010 Silverado 4.8 Ext Cab 4x4
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I have considered pulling the cam/ valve train since I could ruin the warranty on the new one my first weekend.
    That's the spirit! I was going to trade mine in until they wanted to give me pennies for my truck. I guess the whole kick in the pants and breaking the tires loose on the 1-2 shift when they test drove it had them worried, lol
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

+ Reply to Thread