+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6l80 install

6l80 install

Has anybody done a swap 4l65 to 6l80 on a 2008 silverado? Or lead me to the right direction where I can for sure get it done

What is the end goals first off I highly dont suggest this trans if your going to be beating on it or drag racing it all the time. If you want it just for fuel milage then it might be worth it. PPl on here have done it before its alot of work for not enough gain imo.
    2006 Silverado aka (Bad Bitch)
    K&N CAI, Diablo Predator, muffler delete, and a vette servo. 14.7x @ 93 mph (sold)

1998 SS Camaro aka (Silver Bullet)
    LS6 intake, ported TB, LTs, ORY, cut out, and a pantie dropping tune by Nelson. 12.6 @ 110 mph 327 hp 347 tq

2011 ecsb silverado aka (silver sleeper)
    forged 6.2 and a small snail

i have done the swap 3 times on some customers trucks, not really worth it, the 6l80 cannot handle any power
    06 rcsb, 6two, 231/235, 4.11, pacesetter, 80e, 14 bolt, Nelson tuned
    2011 rcsb 6two swap in the works with 6l90 and boost
    FARMTRUC CAN GARGLE PEANUT BUTTER

If you're looking to get the trans installed somewhere. We have done it.

If ur looking for a site or how to. I'm sure someone has it documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray@NP View Post
    i have done the swap 3 times on some customers trucks, not really worth it, the 6l80 cannot handle any power
    I beg to differ, it is all in the tune my STOCK 6L80E with a converter has been doing work for 2.5yrs now 817rwhp on a nnbs crew cab

Transmission opinions are all over the place; just like you hear 60e's holding up; the new ones can hold up as well and break just as easy.
    It's not all in the tune; it's how it is used and abused.
    There are ppl out there that exceed the expected power rating of the trans, however it's holding, a lot of variables there.

These units are mass produced; some are good, some aren't.

It's a stock unit, plain and simple, it wasn't meant to hold up; so when it breaks it's a not a surprise, if it holds, that's great.
    We're talking about a stock transmission lol, there should be no surprises when something happens.
    If were were talking about a fully modified 80e or 6speed auto and not holding, then i'm sure the builder and tune comes into play; unless the trans is just absolutely overpowered.

Not that this has anything to do with the OP question, he was simply asking where or how.

Hopefully mine holds up! I don't abuse it.... Often..

Transmission opinions are all over the place; just like you hear 60e's holding up; the new ones can hold up as well and break just as easy.
    It's not all in the tune; it's how it is used and abused.
    There are ppl out there that exceed the expected power rating of the trans, however it's holding, a lot of variables there.

These units are mass produced; some are good, some aren't.

It's a stock unit, plain and simple, it wasn't meant to hold up; so when it breaks it's a not a surprise, if it holds, that's great.
    We're talking about a stock transmission lol, there should be no surprises when something happens.
    If were were talking about a fully modified 80e or 6speed auto and not holding, then i'm sure the builder and tune comes into play; unless the trans is just absolutely overpowered.

Not that this has anything to do with the OP question, he was simply asking where or how.
    great writing

They may not be bulletproof but they are 100x better than the old 4L60e
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I'm no expert but a few trucks, lots of 5th gen camaros are pushing 900 to 1200 on these stock ones not saying they bullet proff but the tuner I use is known to make them last my nnbs crew cab is still kicking after 2yrs, most power I made was 817rwhp my uncles 1, 087rwhp stock 6l80e I like em
    Last edited by 62nalide; 05-11-2013 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread