+ Reply to Thread

Thread: efi live

efi live

Who all here is using efi live or are the majority using hp tuners?

I think it's pretty even. Both will work great.

Efi live has more options from what ive heard. I recently purchased hptuners, and wish i went with efi live. TunerCATS has some nice options aswell like changing the fuel gauge level output to pwm which is what i couldve used-EFIlive has this option aswell. Im no expert at tuning though, so dont take my word for it.
    Back Alley Motorsports 98 GMC
    -5.3l LM7 bored to 5.7l Thompson Motorsports -72mm T4 Magnum Turbo
    -TU1 Custom Grind cam(spec speed.inc) -799 heads
    -.660" Trick Flow dual valve springs -Forged Probe Pistons 3.902" flat top

I like my Efilive. They are really stepping up their game lately
    2000 Chevy rcsb 5.3, 4L80E, 3.43 G80, P&P heads, Isky tripple 12, EFI LIVE

They are exactly the same in my opinion. Unless you have a very random vehicle that you need tuned. Hptuners seems to have the newer vehicles quicker however efilive is the better option for diesels. Late model gas GM vehicles its a dead even match. If you want ford or dodge support hptuners is a better option. Totally depends on needs, but both are basically equal.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

They are both great softwares. I like EFILive best because it doesn't require the year of the operating system to match the year of the VIN. If you are doing retro-fit stuff that has to pass inspection, the VIN has to be in it. At least where I live it does. HPTuners will not allow a mismatch of the year of the OS and VIN.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2wd, 100% internally stock 305, w/twin T-3 junkyard turbos,Ramjet intake w/42lb inj,12200411 PCM. 4675lbs w/me in it. Best time in 5 passes 13.01@110

+ Reply to Thread