+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you were...

If you were...

If you were going to buy a corvette, lets say between 2000-2009, what year would you NOT buy? And why?
    Last edited by twodogs; 04-16-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    If you were going to buy a corvette, lets say between 2000-2009, what year would you NOT buy? And why?
    I wouldn't buy any 2000-2005. The interior isn't great. The value isn't as good. The dollar for dollar horsepower isn't as good. I prefer the C6 and will be buying one for my 25th birthday.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

06+ zo6. I would own one right now but the wife thinks vettes are old man cars LOL.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Quote Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK View Post
    06+ zo6. I would own one right now but the wife thinks vettes are old man cars LOL.
    I'm 23 and just bought one lol (drive it like an old man and mostly sits under a car cover lol) but from a value standpoint 08 and up LS3 is the way to go and as fore mentioned the interior on the 05-07 isn't all that great and remember low miles to us in the truck world is outrageous miles in the vette world, make sure to check rocker panels and bumpers for improper lifting shops are known for cracking them plus the targa tops were known for separating up through 07 before they were revised and I think a lot of the LS7's were having valve train issues up to 08ish as well oh and if you haven't looked make sure you realize that vette parts are like triple just because, greedy bastards =\

Quote Originally Posted by conekiller01 View Post
    I'm 23 and just bought one lol (drive it like an old man and mostly sits under a car cover lol) but from a value standpoint 08 and up LS3 is the way to go and as fore mentioned the interior on the 05-07 isn't all that great and remember low miles to us in the truck world is outrageous miles in the vette world, make sure to check rocker panels and bumpers for improper lifting shops are known for cracking them plus the targa tops were known for separating up through 07 before they were revised and I think a lot of the LS7's were having valve train issues up to 08ish as well oh and if you haven't looked make sure you realize that vette parts are like triple just because, greedy bastards =\
    08 and up is the only way to go. Better interior and a 6060.

What I found is an 04 with 45,000 on it, haven't seen it in person yet, might see it this weekend. What is wrong with the interiors? And if they're for old men I need one!

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    What I found is an 04 with 45,000 on it, haven't seen it in person yet, might see it this weekend. What is wrong with the interiors? And if they're for old men I need one!
    boost or spray can make up for lack of horsepower
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

If I want power I'll drive my truck!!! Just always wanted one, and I'm sure you'll agree I'd look damn good in one!

My problem with owning a vette is the insurance cost...almost bought one when I was 19 but the insurance was 2x what the payment was going to be and is still WAY higher than the insurance on my SS.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    My problem with owning a vette is the insurance cost...almost bought one when I was 19 but the insurance was 2x what the payment was going to be and is still WAY higher than the insurance on my SS.
    Interesting..... I'm just 23 and although I have a squeaky clean record (thank god for defensive driving) my insurance on my vette is lower than it was on my Camaro and even my truck! You have to think that not a lot of young people have vettes they are less ticketed than mustangs and fbodies so insurance is a little better I have full coverage on my cherokee and my vette for under 120/month

Oh and another FYI although highly debatable on corvette forums a base model LS3 vette (08+) will outrun a C5 Z06 and can be had for the same price or less than a low mileage C5Z

+ Reply to Thread