+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you were...

Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    My problem with owning a vette is the insurance cost...almost bought one when I was 19 but the insurance was 2x what the payment was going to be and is still WAY higher than the insurance on my SS.
    Insurance on a vette is one of the cheapest of any coupe, because they don't have many claims come in on them. Most owners baby them. Average owner is over 50. (see old man quote above) that being said I am waiting until 25 partially for insurrance and partially, because it's a life goal.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    If I want power I'll drive my truck!!! Just always wanted one, and I'm sure you'll agree I'd look damn good in one!
    lol hell yea man, im with ya ive always wanted one too, told the wifey as soon as the kids get older im owning one and she's ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    My problem with owning a vette is the insurance cost...almost bought one when I was 19 but the insurance was 2x what the payment was going to be and is still WAY higher than the insurance on my SS.
    gregg is old his insurance wont be that bad
    Last edited by Botlfed; 04-17-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Ha Ha!!! real funny G, A little advise, don't get old it really sucks! Had 20/20 vision up until a year ago, now I'm having to wear reading glasses. Oh and also, having kids will make you age twice as fast, Damn the luck!!!

I have been telling my wife I want a Vette for a long time. She is getting close to breaking on it, but not until we get rid of at least one of my vehicles...obviously I would be getting rid of the piece of shit dodge I drive to work, but if I get a Vette the truck may be going bye bye as well.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Ha Ha!!! real funny G, A little advise, don't get old it really sucks! Had 20/20 vision up until a year ago, now I'm having to wear reading glasses. Oh and also, having kids will make you age twice as fast, Damn the luck!!!
    Dude my vision has been gone for 15 years and I'm only 23. When I had my eye exam last year for new contacts the dr asked me what letters on the chart....I could BARELY make out the giant E on the top. He looked at me and said "your eyes suck". Basically my vision is about 20/200.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

i bought a 2000 back when i was 24. insurance has always been about the same as my truck. and there are tons of guys who sell their C6Zs for C5Zs... just sayin. and i wouldn't buy a C6 that i saw priced under $20k whereas C5s can be had in the teens easy.

mechanically for a C5, the 01-04 all had the LS6 intake manifold, and a better TPMS/key fob system. the 01 Z cam was smaller than 02-04. the late 00-04 had 241 heads instead of 853s. i personally like the gearing of the MM6 (normal) trans over the M12 (Z06).

the easiest thing would be to check out the C5 & C6 sections of corvetteforum. there's so much info from a wide range of people.
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

Didn't we all build trucks to beat vetts. That's what I thought this sight was about!!

i started in that direction & then decided it was better & funner to just buy a vette & put that mod money into it - more bang for your buck
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

Curious to see these "tons" of guys selling their C6Z's for slower, less powerful, rougher riding, cheaper interior, fiberglass f-body, depreciating C5Z's? Yes I can agree you can probably find parts a little cheaper for a C5Z and the aftermarket has a few more options but then again it would take a H/C/I c5z to hang with a bolt on C6Z and in the same sense it's probably easier to make a foxbody 5.0 go just as fast for about 5K, but I doubt people are selling there C6Z's to get one of those? I'm not saying nobody is doing it but I would doubt "TONS" of people are..... Just saying

Maybe I'll look into the insurance on a vette again...it's been a few years. Right now I'm below $120/month for 2 vehicles full coverage...I've passed up on a couple of vettes because I was scared of the insurance cost. I'd love to take a C4 and drop an LSX in it!
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

To the OP: I would stay away from the 05 and 06 C6's just because they were first year models. They may not have had a chance to fix all the bugs in 06. The 04s are considered the best C5s because they were last year models with upgraded features. There seems to be an ongoing problem with valve drop in the LS7s. It wouldn't stop me from owning one though lol. I like the C5 body style over the C6 but the C6's had better engines. I would love to drop an LS3 in a C5. And I dont think lots of people are selling their C6Z06's for C5's because of performance, that seems a little farfetched.

That being said, when it comes to Vette's, DON'T SETTLE! I have a 1976 but in my heart I really wanted a 69 but I couldn't pass up the offer. Now I feel like I should've waited. Regardless of what anyone says, go for what you want.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

+ Reply to Thread