+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4:56 gear user's come on in!!!

Not to pick on any body, as far as my opinion those should not
    Whine. Ive installed numerous brand name sets of 4.56 even from Rons and never
    Heard a whine or whistle

Agreed, a good set of gears setup correctly shouldn't make noise.

Unless they are used then you may have noise when slowing down/coasting. Because setting up the mesh on the load side for best results, your decel side may be slightly off due to wear.
    2000 GMC Sierra 1500 RCSB 2wd - 454 LSX powered drag truck...

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    Agreed, a good set of gears setup correctly shouldn't make noise.

Unless they are used then you may have noise when slowing down/coasting. Because setting up the mesh on the load side for best results, your decel side may be slightly off due to wear.
    The gears were new from Ron, the setup on them was spot on, I have even changed the fluid in it with different weights, for general purpose's to see if the fluid was the culprit, NOTE: Mobil1 makes lots of sounds with an EATON Posi, must use plain jain cheap fluid for a no chatter rear along with the LS additive, and the conventional oil seems to net me the quietest results. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Torque Diffs View Post
    Not to pick on any body, as far as my opinion those should not
    Whine. Ive installed numerous brand name sets of 4.56 even from Rons and never
    Heard a whine or whistle
    I hear ya' on that. I'm not picking or bashing anybody's product. It's just odd that they make noise.
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    Slowest in South Jersey ..........SOLD :-(
    2012 GMC Sierra Z71 CC: 6 Speed, 3:73's, G80, Back up DD...........SOLD
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

i have bought a set of USA gears from Ron, they did whine more than i liked and i knew they were installed correctly, talked to Ron and he replaced them, new set same brand no whine
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    i have bought a set of USA gears from Ron, they did whine more than i liked and i knew they were installed correctly, talked to Ron and he replaced them, new set same brand no whine
    ^ I did speak with Ron about my concern, and he said that if I was still experiencing problems that he would take care of any issues with me. So Super huge thanks to Ron for his awesome customer support and satisfaction!!
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

Installed new motor and trans, Can barely hear that sucker back there now

Good to know that there are still people that take care of their customers! Ron's sounds like a great place to business.

So when you gonna show us pics of this new motor in the carnage thread? Lol! Jk
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by jansen View Post
    So when you gonna show us pics of this new motor in the carnage thread? Lol! Jk
    ^ That's efff'd up bro!!!! ...... Hopefully not for at least 1k

Quote Originally Posted by Slow04xcab View Post
    Good to know that there are still people that take care of their customers! Ron's sounds like a great place to business.
    ^ I recommend Ron's to every one

+ Reply to Thread