+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2000 silverado 4.3l to 6.0l swap...wont start

Quote Originally Posted by Kritical Flaco View Post
    Double check and check again all your grounds....most times its the smallest things,that cause biggest headaches...hope u get it resolved soon
    Agreed. I pulled my hair out over that ground on the bottom of the block. Called Casey "Man why won't this thing fire? - Crawl under the truck, check this ground, call me back in 5 minutes I want to hear it running" done.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Yea I know their were two black wires on passenger side harness that didnt have any sensors to them we grounded one but not the other. Prob try and ground the other and see what happens.

Ok got my engine to start yesterday! not sure if it was the new pcm or the fact there was one ground wire that was still yet to be grounded. once we grounded that wire engine fired like a champ! Stupid grounds

Good deal! I love it when a plan comes together
    - Paul J.
    2006 Silverado LT3 L33 Z71 - Mods: K&N Air Filter; Taylor Wires
    2008 Azera Limited - Mods: (Yah, wife's car ... not happening)
    (SOLD) 1994 Camaro Z28 - Mods: (Too many to mention)
    (SOLD) 2004 Suburban 5.3L Z71 - Mods: Flex-a-Lite 292 Monster Fan
    (SOLD) 2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 - Mods: (NTIKO)
    (SOLD) 1991 Suburban 350 2WD - Mods: (NTIKO)

yes Sir! I will posting a new thread in soon, that will have all my parts i had to buy, modifications, and changes for this conversion. For people that are interested, because it was a slight pain and it just doesnt drop in and work. But worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyland View Post
    yes Sir! I will posting a new thread in soon, that will have all my parts i had to buy, modifications, and changes for this conversion. For people that are interested, because it was a slight pain and it just doesnt drop in and work. But worth it!
    There's already quite a few threads on the swap. You didn't break any new ground.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyland View Post
    Ok got my engine to start yesterday! not sure if it was the new pcm or the fact there was one ground wire that was still yet to be grounded. once we grounded that wire engine fired like a champ! Stupid grounds
    ^ AWESOME!!! Glad you got her running, now post up a video of that motor purrrrrrrrrrr'n away in there
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    Slowest in South Jersey ..........SOLD :-(
    2012 GMC Sierra Z71 CC: 6 Speed, 3:73's, G80, Back up DD...........SOLD
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

Glad to hear it.!!!
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

Yea I can put one up. Right now we are swapping intake manifolds on it. I have a video but it shows us starting the engine and it catching fire haha! there was a small leak in the fitting on fuel rail line. No damage luckily.

+ Reply to Thread