+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereo System Help Needed

Stereo System Help Needed

Since I have the interior out of the truck I figured I might as well get the speaker and power cables run. This is what I want to go with, 2 mids, 2 tweeters, and 1 8” sub. Nothing that is too crazy. I know very little (nothing) about systems. I just want a nice crisp clear sound. I haven’t decided on what I want to do for the head unit. But I am leaning to a Digital Media Receiver, since I don’t listen to CD’s. I also already have the mids and tweeters. I will post those up later. Now my questions are:
    What amp should I get?
    What wiring and connectors will I need?
    Will I need bass blockers?
    Feel free to add anything else that will need. Thanks, Art…
    Last edited by Chevy-Art; 03-22-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Im a fan of JL Audio stuff, but hell just get a cheap walmart amp or even sn off brand from best buy, youre not lookong for extreme bass or anything just a good sound.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Talk to Justin.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Already sent a pm. Here are the speakers I have now. I bought them from a friend, cheap. I even thought about running just these without a sub, but still with an amp.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TGHm2Y1...ce-6000cs.html
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...0cs-6-1-2.html
    Last edited by Chevy-Art; 03-22-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

I am not the biggest expert playboy is the guy to talk to, but he has pointed me towards audio que and digital designs. They make great stuff on a good budget. I found hifonics amps to be a good value. Head units are very personal taste imo. Some guys like pioneer others alpine or whoever.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I'm using mostly Kenwood stuff. Infinity makes outstanding speakers if you really want good sound. Head unitvis all in what you want. It's a personal taste. I picked the Kenwood i did because i could change the colors the way i liked. I would personally find a 10 inch sub. 8 is almost useless. Pick good quality stuff and you'll never have to change it. My Boston acoustic sub is ten years old, had it in 3 vehicles so far and works perfect. All in all, anything you get is a major upgrade and you'll love it compared to stock. Even if it's nothing but Wal-Mart stuff.
    1999 silverado rcsb. 6.0L and. T-56, Hurst short throw, 4.11s, auburn limited slip, 3/4 drop, Nelson tuning, Texas Speed 233/239 .595"/.603" Camshaft, Kenwood everything, electric fans, custom made hood, custom tailgate, magnaflow 3 inch true duals, hooker headers, and too much money.
    Soon- wheels and tires, Ford 9 inch with 5.13 gears.

As far as budget amps, you can't beat hifonics. Whatever rating they have, subtract 25% and that is close to its true rms. For 8" subs... I would only run digital designs or sundown. No bass blockers. A high quality headunit will have all the control you need. Look into pioneer headunits. Are you wanting a single din or a double? Screen or not?
    Last edited by pl4yboy; 03-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Art if you want to send me a pm with a budget, I can shop around and send you some info in my spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    I'm using mostly Kenwood stuff. Infinity makes outstanding speakers if you really want good sound. Head unitvis all in what you want. It's a personal taste. I picked the Kenwood i did because i could change the colors the way i liked. I would personally find a 10 inch sub. 8 is almost useless. Pick good quality stuff and you'll never have to change it. My Boston acoustic sub is ten years old, had it in 3 vehicles so far and works perfect. All in all, anything you get is a major upgrade and you'll love it compared to stock. Even if it's nothing but Wal-Mart stuff.
    8" subs arent useless... and the statement you made that even walmart is better than stock shows your lack of audio knowledge.

JL 8w7 is not useless. That thing will suprise you in the right box and that's all you would need if not wanting to knock your head off

+ Reply to Thread