+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Complete swap? trans am drivetrain into 06 silverado v6

Complete swap? trans am drivetrain into 06 silverado v6

I have a complete trans am motor trans rear end everything is there. what else would i need to get or know in order to put the ls1 set up in my 06 silverado v6? i imagine different motor mounts dont know where to get those from. if someone could help me out i would appreciate it alot.
    also should i swap out the factory rear end with the one i have from the trans am?

Trans am rear end is junk, trans am guys don't even want them. Your better off with the factory truck rear end . What transmission is currently in the truck?
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

i have an automatic in it now the 4l60e

Have you read the sticky yet? They are at the top of the lists with a note next to it that says "sticky." You should read that a few times and find some other threads that do the swap. Here is a link to said sticky: http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/v8-co...wap-guide.html
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

Same as doing any V8 swap into a V6 truck. Mounts, harness, etc. Drop it in. Not reinventing the wheel here. Mine has a V6 VIN, definitely not a 4.3 anymore though.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread