+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: First time swap. LQ9 into 95 OBS

i know you said scratch but just in case... the 96+ tanks from the OBS has the newer style sending unit that the pcm needs for the fuel level, the bigger pump, and the pressure sensor. all built into one unit. nice and simple and the tank fits right in place. BUT, my referee asked me about ORVR (google it) but it didnt apply to me. i lucked out as my motor was an 03 and the vin in the pcm was from an escalade which made it the last year not requiring ORVR. 04+ it was mandatory and your ref might call you on it since you are using 06 model.

here's a tip. the ref bases everything off the vin in the pcm. he will scan it first thing so he knows what to check for on the rest of the truck. so make sure whatever vin you have in the pcm, you have everything for whatever vehicle the vin is for...

my vin was changed to that of a ss silverado when i had the monitors tuned out (i didnt know he did that) and the ref told me my exhaust was wrong. he said i needed to change the exhaust!! i said no way, had factory tune put back in with the escalade vin and then he didnt say anything about the exhaust the next time because it was "correct" for the escalade.. does that make sense?

so just make sure all your ducks are in a row when you buy parts and setting it all up. it all has to match. THEY WILL CHECK.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Thanks Kewljay... Im gonna go by a junkyard tomorrow and take a look at some options for tanks. My Suburban has its tank mounted behind the rear axle in between the frame rails though so it might be hard to fit a newer style tank. Sorry to hijack your thread.
    Hows your truck running? Are you happy with the LQ9? noticeable power gains and MPG gains?

yes to all of the above. DEFINATELY WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

what company makes that oil cooler feed/return block you used? on page 11

Quote Originally Posted by SierraVortec View Post
    what company makes that oil cooler feed/return block you used? on page 11
    hey man. the piece i bought was from a guy off ebay. it wasnt some reputable company. sorry. but its a quality piece and the guy is very honest. i would definately buy from him again. he wasnt selling exactly what i wanted so i emailed him telling what i needed and he sold me a better piece for the same price which wasnt listed. hes a stand up guy and i would buy from again. i checked his store so i could post a link for you but it seems hes not currently selling it. so all i can reccomend is that you email him and i bet he can help you out. the email that i contacted him with was tsto13_lyd3845ojfc@members.ebay.com

so try that and let me know how that goes. wish i could help you further.

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

Were you able to use the donor trucks ypipe? Do you know if the BAR station always "tweeking" of the ypipe to clear front driveshafts etc?

Quote Originally Posted by kewljay223 View Post
    hey man. the piece i bought was from a guy off ebay. it wasnt some reputable company. sorry. but its a quality piece and the guy is very honest. i would definately buy from him again. he wasnt selling exactly what i wanted so i emailed him telling what i needed and he sold me a better piece for the same price which wasnt listed. hes a stand up guy and i would buy from again. i checked his store so i could post a link for you but it seems hes not currently selling it. so all i can reccomend is that you email him and i bet he can help you out. the email that i contacted him with was tsto13_lyd3845ojfc@members.ebay.com

so try that and let me know how that goes. wish i could help you further.

Hey just wondering if you were able to use the donor truck's ypipe?

Did you ever get your shift indicator to work?

Quote Originally Posted by CleanSilvy View Post
    Hey just wondering if you were able to use the donor truck's ypipe?
    Holy crap. I know this is almost a year late. I didnt even know you had posted a comment. Sorry man. Anyway yes I used the donor trucks Y pipes but they really arent a Y since its dual exhaust though. They actually fit quite well. I remember one of the guys at the shop telling me he had to heat up the pipe and bend it some direction to clear something. Maybe about an inch or so. This was a couple years ago so I dont really remember but i believe he bent it up for clearance due to my drop. Then I had both pipes run down the passenger side and dump under the bed.

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGGIN95 View Post
    Did you ever get your shift indicator to work?
    yes i did. I posted a thread about it somewhere I believe... Ill try and find it.

EDIT: Ok i found it. let me know if you have any questions about it. Its been a while since i did it but ill try. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/elect...bs-trucks.html
    Last edited by kewljay223; 07-29-2016 at 07:31 PM.

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

+ Reply to Thread