+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EFI Live

EFI Live

I found a shop in town that will dyno tune with EFI live. I do not know anything about EFI live so I had some questions. Does EFI live allow adjustment of torque management and all that? I was thinking of buying a mail order tune from Nelson but If I can get a dyno tune with the same features I think that would be better. Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me on EFI live.

Its on the same level as HPTuners. They'll do the same things.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Its on the same level as HPTuners. They'll do the same things.
    Is HPtuners what the big tuners use? I come from the VW world. I used to tune with Unitronic and eurodyne software.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic455 View Post
    Is HPtuners what the big tuners use? I come from the VW world. I used to tune with Unitronic and eurodyne software.
    Hptuners and efi live are the same deal different company.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Hptuners and efi live are the same deal different company.
    I was not familiar with either of those tuners so comparing them doesnt really help lol. Thank you for the replies though as I am new to the LSX platform. The search function finnally started working for me on my very tempermental work browser and I found some good posts on the functions of EFI live. I think I am going to stop buy the shop and get some pricing on dyno tuning.

Thinking more about it I just went to the websites of the tuners... duh. I think if I get into building this truck heavily I will have to purchase the sofware it seems great.

I do have some more specific questions though since I want to be educated when I go there. For a Stock daily driver how much torque managment would you all recomend removing? I have seen people say they remove all and some 50%. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic455 View Post
    I was not familiar with either of those tuners so comparing them doesnt really help lol. Thank you for the replies though as I am new to the LSX platform. The search function finnally started working for me on my very tempermental work browser and I found some good posts on the functions of EFI live. I think I am going to stop buy the shop and get some pricing on dyno tuning.

Thinking more about it I just went to the websites of the tuners... duh. I think if I get into building this truck heavily I will have to purchase the sofware it seems great.

I do have some more specific questions though since I want to be educated when I go there. For a Stock daily driver how much torque managment would you all recomend removing? I have seen people say they remove all and some 50%. Thanks again for your help.
    Stock 60e remove 50% built trans or 80e take it all out. Tuning takes time to learn, but your right if your going to get real intense you should learn.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Stock 60e remove 50% built trans or 80e take it all out. Tuning takes time to learn, but your right if your going to get real intense you should learn.
    It's all or nothing on 60s. Don't do half. Multiple trans builders and tuners will agree.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

I leave full TM in on stock trucks. It's a cover my ass thing more than anything.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    It's all or nothing on 60s. Don't do half. Multiple trans builders and tuners will agree.
    Really.... Honestly never heard that before. Why is that?

I went to check out that shop that des dyno tuning and they were telling me about the diablo in tune. It seems like until I get heavy into building it might be a good deal. Since I can data log and tune it myself. Has anyone use it? Seems like a large step up from just a plug it in and upload tuner.
    2008 2WD extended cab silverado, MODS-Air raid Tube, 3" home brew Magnaflow cat back, Nelson tune on order and a brand new milk stain from the little one.
    New project I just started If anyone is bored, http://sharpasamarble.com

+ Reply to Thread