+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission Temp.

Transmission Temp.

I was wondering what the normal temp should be for the 4L80E towing a loaded 26ft enclosed trailer?
    I have a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0 and it has a procharger. The intercooler is in front of the transmission cooler and wondering if my temps are high. Towing I see the temps go over 200 and I only use Mobil 1 synthetic in the trans. I was thinking about a larger cooler? I have one with a fan that I could relocate and put on a toggle when I tow??
    Thanks
    Stock 6.0, 2500HD extended 4X4, intercooled Procharger, with 11psi, 42# Racetronix injectors, SW, Mainline Dyno'd 403.5 SAE RWHP 5200 !! Not too bad for the tow vehicle getting to the track on time. Thanks to Chris @ Big Power Racing in Bayshore L.I., and also a big Thanks to Lonnie @ Lonnie's Performance in PA for the new fuel system

i personally dont have an auto, but most here use tru-cool. as the factory one thru the radiator is insufficent. i would look into it since your pulling with a blower

200 is decently high. Honestly just run a couple big ones in line with each other, that will definitely help. I run two smaller units in line with each other and granted I only have a reg cab and no towing, but they never climb anywhere near 200
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

I thought 200 was kind of high and I know it has to do with the intercooler blocking it. I guess I will install the bigger cooler with the spal fan and run the fan when I tow. Thanks for the help
    Stock 6.0, 2500HD extended 4X4, intercooled Procharger, with 11psi, 42# Racetronix injectors, SW, Mainline Dyno'd 403.5 SAE RWHP 5200 !! Not too bad for the tow vehicle getting to the track on time. Thanks to Chris @ Big Power Racing in Bayshore L.I., and also a big Thanks to Lonnie @ Lonnie's Performance in PA for the new fuel system

+ Reply to Thread