+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Truck intakes, differences between them? (have 2 very different variants).

Truck intakes, differences between them? (have 2 very different variants).

Gen III truck intakes, I have 2 very different intakes from LM7/LQ4/LQ9 engines that I am very curious about yet in my searches over the past several months have yielded nothing concrete. Hoping to get some answers from those in the know, (not just random hypothesis or theories without any substance to support such...)

The Ugly truck intake we al have seen and read about, came on the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0L. There is another truck intake, much more aesthetically pleasing with a totally different air flow tract entering the heads, similar to the car intakes, just much taller and appears to be longer runners. This one pictured came form a '02 Chev 250 Ext Cab 4wd 6.0L pickup, (the LQ4 it was on top of ended up in my BMW M3).
    Soooo, what is the difference between these intakes on stock 5.3 and 6.0L as seen on dyno and MPG?
    The ugly manifold has part number 25344062 in its casting. The "pretty" version has NO casting numbers in it, and is a two piece design that can be disassembled, floor removes from the rest of the plenum/runner section.

The one that looks like the ls1 resembles the 8.1 gas burner
    Last edited by jansen; 02-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

Nope, came off 6.0L LQ4, (personally removed it myself and installed that 6.0L into my BMW M3), not interchangeable with the big block, intake ports are Gen III cathedral LSx.

Closest thing I have found is the FAST truck intake, styling and the removable floor are "very" similar though the FAST intakes I found are all 4 bolt Throttle body, this has the 3 bolt Throttle Body.

Want to sell it? Lol

Possibly. ;-).
    Would like know about it, curiosity is killing me. :-D

Me too, I've been googling the shit out of it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAAP View Post
    Nope, came off 6.0L LQ4, (personally removed it myself and installed that 6.0L into my BMW M3), not interchangeable with the big block, intake ports are Gen III cathedral LSx.

Closest thing I have found is the FAST truck intake, styling and the removable floor are "very" similar though the FAST intakes I found are all 4 bolt Throttle body, this has the 3 bolt Throttle Body.
    im guessing you dont know what vehicle the lq4 came out of?

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    im guessing you dont know what vehicle the lq4 came out of?
    02 2500 4x4

As Jansen noted, '02 4wd 3/4 ton Ext cab long bed pickup.

I too have been Googling it, no joy.

You get ready to sell it pm me a price.

+ Reply to Thread