+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 inch spindles and 16s?

2 inch spindles and 16s?

Well, i used the search button, didn't find an answer, i have 16 inch steel wheels and my front hub is going out, i figure, as long as I'm already digging into the front end, might as well add some drop spindles. I know the website says must use 17s however, 16 inch aluminum wheels are thick, do you think my thinner steel 16 inchwheels would work? And where will it hit if everything goes wrong? I just bought tires so I'm not looking to change, hell, i drop to 15s if I could.

TTT, anyone?

If you get the belltech 2508 spindles you can only run 17s+ and you still have to trim the ball joint like 1/2"

But if you get the 2505 spindles you can run 16s but you have to flip your upper control arm and change your lower ball joint to a bolt on kind. You lose 5-15% turning radius and bumpsteer is greatly increased.

So if you want a good ride you will have to get 17s or bigger. If your diehard set on keeping 16s then get the 2505s. They are like $60 shipped I believe but due to horrible ride you get from it.

Hope thats is understandable lol.
    2002 Burb-Dual Red Top Optimas, CAI, Jensen Indash, 2 15" Fosgate T2's in 10 cu.ft. box tuned to 35 hertz, LED tails, pulley, MSD wires, headers, Flomaster Super 44 with dumps, cam and valvesprings, painted grill shell and bowtie, led interior, plastidipped rims

A coil spring drop seems fairly plausible in this situation lol hope you get it figured out!

Here are McGaughys drop spindles I have used in the past. 2" drop spindles

http://www.mcgaughys.com/truck_new.html
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Well, i have the torsion bar set up, it used to be a 4wd truck, at least till i save up for those fancy coil overs. I was thinking of the mcgaughy spindles, but those are the ones that require 17s. Hence wondering if i can use steel 16s vs the aluminum wheels. Sorry, i should have clarified.

as stated above you will need 17+, clearance with the 16" wheel is not enough

Damn. Ok. Well, i guess I'll start looking for some 17s. Something I've wanted to avoid but oh well. It is what it is. Anyone got two 17s for sale? Lmao

And someone just posted a set of spindles on craigslist for 150 bucks. Getting them tomorrow haha, damn, gotta find some wheels now. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Figure out which spindles you got from CL and see if you can put your 16 on. I bet it I trimmed my lower ball joint and out tie rod I could clear a 16. Ill know more come springtime when I get them to work lol but if you do it first lmk

+ Reply to Thread