+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 inch spindles and 16s?

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKY View Post
    Figure out which spindles you got from CL and see if you can put your 16 on. I bet it I trimmed my lower ball joint and out tie rod I could clear a 16. Ill know more come springtime when I get them to work lol but if you do it first lmk
    That's exactly what I've been curious about, a little clever trimming to make them work. I also know that the stock aluminum 16s are quite a bit thicker then steel wheels. Which is why i posed the question in the first place. I think i found some wheels just in case. So worst case, it can't be done. But I'm gunna try. A pic attached is them
    Attached Images

sorry to bring up the old thread but im not sure what clearance issues your talking about. just wanted to post what i had. its not neccesarily kosher but it works just fine and i know its been done countless times. so much that there is a template for it....so ive heard.

my 95 has 4/6 with the drop spindles and i had my front suspension reworked a few years back with all new parts cuz there was all kinda slop and couldnt get it aligned due to it. one of my lower arms had a crack in it from slamming into something hard from the previous owner so it needed to be replaced. i had 16's on at the time and the rim hit the new arm. so it was sent out to a shop who specializes in lowered vehicles and they knew exactly what the problem was so they grind a lil off the arm where the rim would hit. no other mods were required for ball joints or rod ends. is this the clearance issue your reffering to?

according to previous owner, he dropped the truck immediately after he bought it new. so its been dropped all its life with no issues besides the crack in the one side which wasnt anywhere near where the ground off part. just my 2 cents.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Well, those are set up different. Mines a 99. It was hitting on the lower ball joint. Even using 17's, i had to do some grinding. Overall, the answer is no, 16's don't fit, steel or aluminum.

I think a 1/4" spacer on the front might work with some caliper grinding. I got mine to clear the ball joint. My problem was the caliper, but Whenever I get my truck back im gonna try the wheel spacers and see.
    2005 GMC RST *sold
    2006 Silverado SS with nawz

+ Reply to Thread