+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 into 98 OBS

Quote Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28 View Post
    I basically would need any diagram that would be useful for doing a GEN 3 swap into my 98 2dr 4x4. I dont have an engine picked out yet so it may be DBW or DBC. Not sure what I will end up with. Right now, I have Lextechs diagrams with the intentions of using a 411 ECM. If there is a simpler way then let me know.
    Once you figure out what motor to go with let me know so I can pull up the correct info for the correct year. There are minor differences between years.
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

A couple of stickers I made this morning while bored at work for the ext cab windows.

Quote Originally Posted by capricefrk013 View Post
    Once you figure out what motor to go with let me know so I can pull up the correct info for the correct year. There are minor differences between years.
    99% sure I just secured a 2002 LS1 engine and harness from a an Fbody. Just waiting on the car to be delivered to a friend so he can part it out. Not sure which ECU comes in the Fbodys but Im pretty sure I wont be using, instead, I will get the 411 ECU. Im still undecided on which main harness I will use. I may modify the LS1 harness since its already pretty much wired correctly for the engine.

I see you are running the Schoefield long tube headers, Now my question is are you 4x4?? Their website says they don't fit I called and asked why they don't but they didn't know..... I was like wtf you can't tell me why they don't and they said no. I was thinking because of the IFS but I'm straight axled so I'm wanting to know if they will fit my application. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dans98Chevy View Post
    I see you are running the Schoefield long tube headers, Now my question is are you 4x4?? Their website says they don't fit I called and asked why they don't but they didn't know..... I was like wtf you can't tell me why they don't and they said no. I was thinking because of the IFS but I'm straight axled so I'm wanting to know if they will fit my application. Thanks for any help.
    I am 2wd. I think it has something to do with the front axle setup. Not sure at all.

I just installed my pacesetter (non-ceramic) lt headers on my 4WD IFS truck today and I had little issue with fitment except for some rubbing on the framerail. I just did some grinding and was good to go. I'm pretty sick and tired of the jungle gym that is a constant nuisance under my engine because I'm always having some sort of clearance issue. Not to mention they won't align it until I replace more than half of my IFS components. I can't wait to build the Dana 60 I have and weld it in

Quote Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28 View Post
    99% sure I just secured a 2002 LS1 engine and harness from a an Fbody. Just waiting on the car to be delivered to a friend so he can part it out. Not sure which ECU comes in the Fbodys but Im pretty sure I wont be using, instead, I will get the 411 ECU. Im still undecided on which main harness I will use. I may modify the LS1 harness since its already pretty much wired correctly for the engine.
    The 2002 Camaro pcm is the 411 pcm.

Just noticed your thread has over 31k views. That's more than some stickies! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    Just noticed your thread has over 31k views. That's more than some stickies! lol
    Ha Ha I just noticed as well. Thats awesome.

Im thinking of pulling the 6.0 from this truck to put in my Sonoma and put the 5.3 that was in the Sonoma in this truck as it is my daily driver. The 6.0 would be much more fun in the Sonoma.

+ Reply to Thread