+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.0 into 98 OBS

6.0 into 98 OBS

Long time lurker and now I am going through with it.

I recently acquired an 01 Denali at work and I am pulling the motor & trans.

LQ4

4L60E or 4L65E Not sure whats in there yet. RPO is M32 some say 60e some say 65e

411 PCM

Dingo mounts

Stock manifolds for now

Any suggestions?

This was done in between regular work throughout the day today.

Converter bolts bell housing bolts and manifold bolts and then the motor can come out.

Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

Its an AWD truck so I will be swapping the trans to 2wd by pulling the tail shaft and housing from my trans and putting it on this one. My 60e is going out. Or if I can find someone that has a 2wd trans that needs and AWD and is willing to trade.

I wish I can swap the entire drivetrain over. This Yukon moves even with how heavy it is. Plus having AWD in the snow would be nice.

Great project.. Looks like you got a good jump on it.

Lots of guys with plenty of knowhow here so if you have questions, don't be shy to ask for help.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymotormount View Post
    Great project.. Looks like you got a good jump on it.

Lots of guys with plenty of knowhow here so if you have questions, don't be shy to ask for help.
    Thanx.

I have searched for so much and saved so much on my computer that im losing my mind trying to figure it all out but having tore apart and in front of me makes it that much easier.

Shoot me the last 8 digits of the VIN of the vehicle it came out of and ill tell you what trans you have.
    2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. CAI, 4.10's, 35x12.50 r17 Kumho Road Venture M/T's. Nelson Tuned.

2002 Z28 Camaro- Small budget cam build. Full bolt on, Custom grind Comp Cam, LS6 intake, 4000 CircleD stall, Nelson Tuned.

2008 Dodge 2500- H&S MiniMax, CAI, DPF delete, EGR delete, AirDog fuel system.

1j150237

Should be 65e bud

Quote Originally Posted by fordkiller91 View Post
    Should be 65e bud
    Thats what I thought. I was getting SO MUCH mixed info EVERYWHERE.

I wont know for sure till I get it out. Im hoping its a 65e and not a 60e. I know it aint an 80e. The pan is too small.

What is everyone's preference on E-Fans?

I'm just trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to go without breaking the bank. I refuse to go back to the parasitic power draw fan.

Also what radiator is best as well? I just bought a new one for the OBS as the old one has a cracked tank. Will it be sufficient for the 6.0?

I have started on the wiring tonight while it is still sitting in the Denali. I am still trying to figure out exactly what is needed from the OBS PCM wires to the NBS PCM. I think I almost have it. What sucks is that ALLDATA doesnt show the EVAP wires at the NBS PCM. So I think I will just have them eliminated from the tune.

Unless someone can chime in on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by capricefrk013 View Post
    What is everyone's preference on E-Fans?

I'm just trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to go without breaking the bank. I refuse to go back to the parasitic power draw fan.

Also what radiator is best as well? I just bought a new one for the OBS as the old one has a cracked tank. Will it be sufficient for the 6.0?

I have started on the wiring tonight while it is still sitting in the Denali. I am still trying to figure out exactly what is needed from the OBS PCM wires to the NBS PCM. I think I almost have it. What sucks is that ALLDATA doesnt show the EVAP wires at the NBS PCM. So I think I will just have them eliminated from the tune.

Unless someone can chime in on that part.
    i just ordered 2 15" fans from ebay..came with the temp sensor and relay for $50. i would suggest 96+ radiator. the wiring was the hardest part for me. somewhere in my swap i found wiring diagrams. also if you get the pin out for the obs pcm you can trace the wires back from there. http://www.lt1swap.com <--wiring diagrams ive spent hours on this site!
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

+ Reply to Thread