+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Painted dash?

Painted dash?

Has anyone painted thier dash? Do you have to remove it? I ask this because mine is peeling like most gm trucks do and would like to paint but dont want to take it out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Its not to bad to pull out!

I really dont have time to pull it out i use it everyday. What if i just mask everything up really good would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002avy View Post
    I really dont have time to pull it out i use it everyday. What if i just mask everything up really good would that work?
    U could, but if u don't take the time an prep, or take it out, it will not turn out the way u want it! All I have to say is, take your time, u will only be happy if u do!

Im going to take my time and do it right, sanding and prepping but at least with the dash in i can still use the truck and just do little by little. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this so i can know what to expect.

F you try to do it while leaving it in I can just about guarantee it'll look like crap and start flaking within a couple months. Pull it and do all the proper surface prep or buy a spare And do it on that one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    F you try to do it while leaving it in I can just about guarantee it'll look like crap and start flaking within a couple months. Pull it and do all the proper surface prep or buy a spare And do it on that one instead.
    ^^^X2

If you don't have the time to do it once, then you don't have the time to do it twice.

Just drive it with out the dash cover for a day or two.
    @J_Industries ON INSTGRAM

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

Yeah i see what y'all mean i might as well wait till i hace the time to do it right. Thanks for the advice. Ill just start with the doors and other interior panels.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Just pick up a spare and paint that! You can either sell your current one after or keep it if you ever need to go back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by we_fly_high View Post
    Just pick up a spare and paint that! You can either sell your current one after or keep it if you ever need to go back to stock.
    +1, im looking for a spare at the moment for the same reason.
    2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. CAI, 4.10's, 35x12.50 r17 Kumho Road Venture M/T's. Nelson Tuned.

2002 Z28 Camaro- Small budget cam build. Full bolt on, Custom grind Comp Cam, LS6 intake, 4000 CircleD stall, Nelson Tuned.

2008 Dodge 2500- H&S MiniMax, CAI, DPF delete, EGR delete, AirDog fuel system.

+ Reply to Thread