+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing fuel pressure

Question Losing fuel pressure

Wanted to run this by you guys and get some ideas. This is a 2004 ext cab with 6.0, cam, headers, and so on. Was runing a bone stock fuel system for the last year with this setup. Literally overnight it started running like crap only at wot. Get a gauge on it and at wot it's falling to high 30s fuel psi...... Since then added 42lb injectors, walbro 255, new pressure regulator....no change..... Any one got any ideas???
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Bad fuel pump ground,or bad fuel pump relay? Only losing pressure @ WOT?

Only at wot or close to it. Other wise completely normal. Swapped relay around with another truck. Connections are clean and good.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Fuel pump, I had that problem, check ur fuel preasure on the rail. Mine ran fine till u got on it. Changed pump good to go.

As stated...It did it with an oem pump and a new walbro 255..
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Check ur voltage at the pump see if ur getting the right power to it, if ur not getting the right fuel I'd start at the source I go from there.

If just put new pump in possible the line has split after install or leaking Also did u drill out bottom of bucket to alow more fuel in bucket for the higher flowing pump. If not it run out fuel at wot

Double checked all that
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Awesome suggestion didn't even think about that, kind of like the old Q-Jets running out of fuel in there small secondary capacitys

I'm not trin to sound like a dick I'm trin to help, if ur getting correct voltage at the pump, ur loosing fuel at the rail, I assume u checked ur filter and for leaks, I'm sayin new or old ur pumps not puttin out, I'd pull the pump make sure it's not stops up first. Also there's a ground on pass firewall that gets loose n shuts off the relay to the pump

+ Reply to Thread