+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: knock sensors low input voltage

knock sensors low input voltage

Both my knock sensors are throwing "low input voltage" cel codes. Time to replace? Or shud i be checking the wiring for a problem? This is a new one for me, any input wud help guys

Either way you got to pull the intake you might as well replace sensors and wiring.

You need news one. If it saids hi voltage then check wiring

New knock sensors and the harness might as well do new intake gasket while your at!

I did my knock sensors today, real easy.. Does anyone know about a perch vowel near the gas tank?

Thx guys. Intake gasket? Arent the knock sensors on the sides of block below the headers? Or am i thinking of somthing else?

Nevermind....lack of sleep and crown royal.....lol.
    Yea guess i will be buying gasket too.
    Trans is slipping too, what do you guys think about monster performance trans? Thinking of getting their "monster in a box" 4L60e rebuild kit.

Changed knocked sensors and harness cleared codes and good to go. Now however i have a high idle issue. ...i cleaned the tb while it was off, did i mb kbock something loose? Checked all vacuum lines, they good. Its not throwing any codes, thinking mb a leak in tb or manifold gasket?
    2006 GMC Sierra 4.8L Spectre CAI, VRX3 custom camshaft by Vengeance Racing, trick flow 205cc PNP heads, tuned by Vengeance Racing,3200 Circle d stall, Custom Flowmaster Catback, pacesetter headers, much much more to follow

get the GM green intake gaskets. if u get the orange gaskets you will have lean codes down the road
    2006 Silverado aka (Bad Bitch)
    K&N CAI, Diablo Predator, muffler delete, and a vette servo. 14.7x @ 93 mph (sold)

1998 SS Camaro aka (Silver Bullet)
    LS6 intake, ported TB, LTs, ORY, cut out, and a pantie dropping tune by Nelson. 12.6 @ 110 mph 327 hp 347 tq

2011 ecsb silverado aka (silver sleeper)
    forged 6.2 and a small snail

Quote Originally Posted by 98silverbullet View Post
    get the GM green intake gaskets. if u get the orange gaskets you will have lean codes down the road
    Yea they are the green ones. Know any ez way to check for gasktet leak? Like a soap n water type trick on a tire?

+ Reply to Thread