+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Allen, Mic, anyone with a 9"

Allen, Mic, anyone with a 9"

i know mic had issues with one company ( which one mic ) which one you go with now ?

allen who did your rearend ?

anybody else running a 9" ? if so who's ?

thinking about having strange build one ? any feed back on them, as i need brakes also.

and please have serious horsepower levels as im at the peak of pushing 900-1k on a 408

ill be getting one soon!!

please reframe from you cut 10 bolt guys posting i can careless about cutting a 10 bolt down ! im talking serious 9" housing, center chunks axels blah blah blah
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

You're rowdy skeet and dgaf lol. jk.

I have a HD case (thick wall, from a van i think) and all strange components, except the detroit locker. going spool soon since i don't drive it on the street any longer.
    Plus I think it's affecting launching, more explanation later if you care to hear.
    I didn't have any issues with strange or their delivery, ordered the parts, and they showed up at the builder within a reasonable time.

I went with the light wilwood brakes, light meaning they are lighter than stock, but still not the tiny ones you see on a drag car.
    35 spline , large wheel studs. and of course the 15x15 weld wheels.
    I believe the yoke was upgraded as well.
    Driveshaft is a 4" steel, but someday i'll do the 5" aluminum. At the time, specs weren't available on the strength of the 5" aluminum thick wall, but now it is. The results are a 5" is alum is lighter, stronger than the 4" steel.

What about a cage?
    It sure does put out the fun immediately when they ask you to leave. You're gonna have to do it one day, lol. Maybe just an incab like mic, that one passes all the time.

Either a fully built 9" or the one like Mic's will be more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    You're rowdy skeet and dgaf lol. jk.

I have a HD case (thick wall, from a van i think) and all strange components, except the detroit locker. going spool soon since i don't drive it on the street any longer.
    Plus I think it's affecting launching, more explanation later if you care to hear.
    I didn't have any issues with strange or their delivery, ordered the parts, and they showed up at the builder within a reasonable time.

I went with the light wilwood brakes, light meaning they are lighter than stock, but still not the tiny ones you see on a drag car.
    35 spline , large wheel studs. and of course the 15x15 weld wheels.
    I believe the yoke was upgraded as well.
    Driveshaft is a 4" steel, but someday i'll do the 5" aluminum. At the time, specs weren't available on the strength of the 5" aluminum thick wall, but now it is. The results are a 5" is alum is lighter, stronger than the 4" steel.

What about a cage?
    It sure does put out the fun immediately when they ask you to leave. You're gonna have to do it one day, lol. Maybe just an incab like mic, that one passes all the time.

Either a fully built 9" or the one like Mic's will be more than enough.

you been missing my updates lol

i been kicked out of all my local tracks, i went 10.4 on a 150 hit with wheel spin off the line at 132 but i had 4:88 gears and went to 4:56 i should have left well enough alone

ive been 10.94 on motor with wheel spin NA

my plans are to go fully built, with a spool as i no longer drive the truck on the street though shes well capable of being driven anywhere as long as its not raining lol !!
    i guess it is what it is now a full race truck !

talked to a couple of suspension and rearend guys today who passed by rage motorsports where i do all MY work, we put something together, just have to wait and see how it goes.

damn, i missed it, i see the posts but don't get to browse as much as i want.

that's looking good! i need a cool steering wheel like you, it's like i'm driving a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    damn, i missed it, i see the posts but don't get to browse as much as i want.

that's looking good! i need a cool steering wheel like you, it's like i'm driving a bus.
    i should have went with the thin or shallow quick connect, but this was the newest version plus upgraded lock, but it'll do. NRG gave a pretty good deal on it since i had to figure out how to make it work and Andys Auto offered it on there site for 99-06 trucks but they were missing a valuable piece, the hub lol!! anyway i like it

she's all back together waiting on the glass from pro-glass up north !! should be here in a a week was shipped out today. windshield/back glass

curious to this as well, was looking into the Christ alston's fab 9" setup they offer

what center section are you using Allen? iron or alu?

not sure what bolt pattern id like to go with either for one,
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Got Torque Diffs! Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    Got Torque Diffs! Nuff said!
    whos that? is that who does allens rearend setup ?

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    Brian an Mike! sponsors here as well and dobadass work.they have done plenty of trucks for a couple of members on here and will be doing mine soon. Great guys to deal with.ill let em know maybe he can post up some pics that I seen.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    No we didn't do Alan's set up, but it was very professional.
    Mics truck was done by moser, and the 4 link was done
    By db Rods. But mic bent mosers housing. We recently just
    Did a gear swap along with an extreme truss after straighting it out..
    We would love the business.

+ Reply to Thread