+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Torque Thrust 6

Torque Thrust 6

OK, my dad ran these on his 01 RCSB for a couple years, but the tires are dry rotted, and after driving it in the snow a couple years ago, the wheels are tarnished. He decided he was going to get rid of them. I said I wanted them, so he said I could run them on my 05.

My question to you is, should I completely polish them back out, or paint the spokes a gray color with polished rim and center cap?

For a little info, they're 17x9.5 all around. The tires in the picture are 275/60/17 Goodyears. I'll be switching over the 275/60/17 Hankooks that are currently on my stock 17's
    Matt

Thanks to all American soldiers for their service and sacrifices.

I would get the centers powdercoated a wrinkle grey so they have some texture and leave the lips polished. I have always liked the look of the torque thrusts with the textured centers.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

I like the TT wheels both ways. I was mainly interested in painting because I was afraid they would be too tough to get polished back out. I got a couple of them polished out pretty nice last night and one started. The one I started will need some extra time and the last one should polish out pretty easy. I'll run them polished for now, but it wouldn't be hard to scuff the spokes down and paint them later if I want to.

I'll try to get a pic of the wheels later today. I hope to have them mounted after Tuesday.
    Matt

Please don't paint those beautiful wheels, if you really feel the need get some finger paints and paper but dont ruin 4 innocent wheels lol

Got em mounted today!! What do ya'll think? I need to wash it and take better pics.

Matt

5/7 and a 28" or 29" tire and itll be perfect! Looks good like this too. I just get nose bleeds at high elevation.

I would definetely like to lower it. At least a 2/4. Most of my money is going into the 68 first, though. If I come across any used 2/4 kits when I have money, I may get it, but for now, I'm not trying to spend too much since I'm saving up to do the Hot Rod Power Tour this June.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    I just get nose bleeds at high elevation.
    ^ LMFAO

Truck looks great at any height with those wheels.

ps: next time you take pics, shut the garage door, you don't want people on here to know that a vert GT is parked the garage instead of your nice truck....lol jk
    the wheels look great, and don't paint them!!!
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    Slowest in South Jersey ..........SOLD :-(
    2012 GMC Sierra Z71 CC: 6 Speed, 3:73's, G80, Back up DD...........SOLD
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

Yeah, they're not getting painted. After I got them polished out, I decided they look too good that way. Once I started cleaning and polishing, they weren't as bad as I had thought. I had to scuff 2 of them down with a Scotch Brite pad, then work up with 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper and buff with a pad in a die grinder on two of them. The other two buffed out pretty easy with some abrasive polish, though. I still haven't had a chance to clean the truck up enough to get better pics.

Yeah, I'll be sure to hide the Stang next time. LOL

I might see if I can get someone to photoshop it lower for me. If I have some pics, it might help me sell the wifey on lowering it. LOL
    Matt

no offense, but i will never, ever go back to a polished alloy. I had no patience polishing those damn wheels. anyway my rant is over. your wheels look good

+ Reply to Thread