+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 06 ss

06 ss

So i bought my 2006 SS back early May this year. Needed a new truck and couldnt have a regcab cause of the kid. So I searched all over for a clean Ext or CC and came across the SS. They had another CC there so I convinced the wife we were going to look at the CC. Went to the dealership and meandered over the the super clean SS. She knew what I was up too and decided to atleast take a test drive in both. After the rides she told me to get the one i wanted and we all knew which one i took home. She had a CAI and Magnaflow catback. 3.73's As soon as I got her home it was straight to my buddy who owns Top Notch Window Tinting in South Jersey to get the proper look. A week later I took her to the track for her first pass

not too shabby for mostly stock

here she is after clearing the headlights. Notice the monster lift?

I Couldnt have it sitting that high so I installed some 2" drop spindles and shackle and hangers for a 2/4 drop. Front still sat high so i de-cranked the torsion bars and achieved the stance I wanted. 3/4 also at this time I installed a tahoe valance to clean up the front end.

added some 10k HIDS

Now i had the itch to go faster so I added a new air filter and plugs, 160 t-stat, t-body bypass, and corvette servos. Next was a black bear tune. I went back to the track and played with the tire pressure some trying to get a better bite.

Now I have no traction

So I wasnt digging my headlights or tails so I tinted them and did my corners in the front

Goal with this truck is to be reliable DD and go FASTER!
    plans are:
    255/50/16 M+H DR
    cal trac bars + clamped front spring
    Edge 3400 converter, HD2 shift kit, 40k cooler
    VRX3 cam 226/228 .585/.588 i have the option of 112/113/114 LSA opinions on which?
    7.4 pr's PAC 1218's ls2 chain ported pump
    trunion upgrade
    TSP 1 3/4" SS headers
    ported truck intake manifold
    black bear does my tuning so got that covered.
    oh and a completely hidden plate kit 100 to start, be able to up it to 200

if by chance i end up with money for heads what would you all recommend?

Ballpark what power im at now, will be getting a dyno pull on as soon as the shop down the street finishes install to get a baseline.
    Also where I will be at power wise and 1/4 wise
    questions?comments?concerns?
    Last edited by SNEEKY; 12-24-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    2005 GMC RST *sold
    2006 Silverado SS with nawz

Clean looking truck!! And on the cam I'd hit it right in the middle with the 113lsa

Id go bigger on the cam, but also would go smaller. Depends what your goals are tho.

I want to have the cam and stall matched perfect. And don't want to have a huge stall. I'd say 3600 would be my max .... Def something that would hit hard, have good tq, and make power to 6500. I'd love to see 12's n/a but I know it'll be tough with my weight. And will prolly need better heads. Turn the spray on and see where she will carry herself. I know with some traction I'm in the 13's with my mph already. I think dialed in I can atleast 12.99 with that setup... I'm curious what some people might recommend as well...

I'd just get someone to spec you a cam for your goals. Those times your looking for definitely aren't impossible. But your right about needing heads for those numbers

Possible on a ported 243 or would I more be looking into something like the ai tfs 230cc heads?

Funds for heads prolly won't be there ... Wife keeps wanting more and more everyday! Ill prolly just stick to what I have listed and just throw the 200 at her and let her chew.

The 200 shot is probably the best way to go.(well price wise that its)

A set of ported 243s would bump the compression a bit and flow very nicely. I would say to bigger on the cam to better match the stall. Get someone to spec it out for you. With a 200shot 12s should be in reach if you can get traction.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

little update i scored a cam 224/228 .58*/.59* LSA112+4 gonna run the edge 3600 9.5" with anti-baloon plate ill order that here next month. same parts list as above. only the VVT oil pump instead of a ported one. the next question i have is since i have the 6.0, should i go with the 1 7/8" from Calspeed or 1 3/4"from TSP wonder who would cut me a better deal being military?
    2005 GMC RST *sold
    2006 Silverado SS with nawz

+ Reply to Thread