+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major 4l60e problems

Major 4l60e problems

My dad bought my old truck it's a 2000 z71 with a 5.3. He had the tranny rebuilt by a shade tree guy. He goes to put it in drive takes off great has first and second but no third or drive. Then he goes to put it in reverse and its goes forward and when you give it gas it goes backwards and tries to pull forward as we'll. So he gets a new tranny from a wrecked truck still same problem with no third or drive. He changed filter and the fluid as well as the PCM.

Any ideas?

i went through three before i finally had a reputable shop build me one. they are very touchy ive lost reverse one and 2nd and third in the other two. im doubting your dad wants to swap to a 4l80-e but if you look at finish line transmissions or performabuilt they have some decently priced ones, its worth a look-see. hope this helps
    1999 chevy silverado Z-71- 5.3, CAI intake, catback, nelson tuned, lpp lt's, vette servo, e-fans.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...ilt-4l60e.html
    just a lil search, Merry Christmas

Sounds like the builder has an issue with the FWD clutch not coming off thats why it has forward in everything. Trans has to come back out...

+ Reply to Thread