+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bos speaker/chime not working has voltage

Bos speaker/chime not working has voltage

Hav Bose speaker/amp and the driver front speaker stopped working. Changed speaker. Turned on key speaker and chime worked fine. Started truck later and speaker does not work anymore. Still have voltage (Around 3), Does anybody have any ideas? I am baffled!!!

Test the speaker with another source to verify its in good working order. Check wiring. If everything checks out the amp may be going out. I have an extra bose amp if that's what it needs.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

And yes the speaker is still god. Didn't you read the thread? The wires still have voltage.

Yes, I read the thread and gave you advice and you still didn't listen. I have had speakers come from the factory with torn leads. What kind of voltage are you measuring? AC or DC? Eliminate all the possibilities before jumping to conclusions.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    Yes, I read the thread and gave you advice and you still didn't listen. I have had speakers come from the factory with torn leads. What kind of voltage are you measuring? AC or DC? Eliminate all the possibilities before jumping to conclusions.
    his speaker is god?plus, id dont think he knows what AC and DC voltage is. see what happens when u try to help some people with 4 posts!

Maybe there is a short?

Normally wouldn't waste my time with ignorant people,not trying to help, but sell, but I was wondering if there might have been some fluke by GM that might have had a part to be replaced,etc,etc... I actually switched wires so front speaker wires are back and back is front. I am not using front door bose speaker or wire in the front door but a coax w an amp and new 14gauge wire. I did take front speakers and place them in back doors because they handle more wattage, that's why I switched wires. Just so there is no confusion, original front door speaker wire from amp has to have a short somewhere because after switching speaker wires front to back at the radio/amp plug in the center console, and not using original speaker wire in driver front door, everything works fine. I did check for short in wire with a multimeter but couldn't find one.
    I know have front door bose speakers (6.5in) in the rear doors using bose amp using the front speaker wires from the amp not the door (more watts) and 6.5 momo in front door with punch 150.
    Btw: direct current provides a continuous one direction flow and ac current provides a forward and reverse direction. That would be a straight line for direct and a sine wave for alternating on an oscilliscope. See, not that stupid after all huh. Take care.

I wasn't trying to sell, just putting it out there if that's what it ended up being. You never said you had a different amp and speakers in there. Glad you got it figured out.

i think ur problem was tryin to switch wires. plus duct_tape wasnt tryin to sell you an amp. im not understanding ur post about it having a short somewhere, then u couldnt find it. what setting is ur meter on. you could also check resistance using the ohm meter.
    you have power. always remember there are 2 other things needed for a complete circuit. I dont think ur stupid, just not testing/checking the basics

If u have an aftermarket radio check ur interface

+ Reply to Thread