+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help getting the I'd on motor and trans

Need help getting the I'd on motor and trans

Ok here is my problem, I bought a truck with a 6.0 swap, the trans was trash so bought a built 1. I'm not getting any fluid flow. So I talkd to circle d converters n he said it could be I'm using the wrong parts to adapt 1 or the othe. IE moter/trans. So I need to fig out wat they r lol. I know the motor is a 2000 6.0. Cast iron heads, but no idea wat flex plate is on it. I used the 1 that was on it. N he says it could be diff depending on trans it came with frm gm. Second need to know wat 4l60e I'm using. I didn know there were 2 diff 1s. But he said it matters so I can see if the right converter is used. So any help on this is a huge help. My project is on hold.

If the the trans is in place and everything connecting the converter to the fly wheel then it should be pumping oil. Even if the spacing is wrong there should still be enough splines on the converter hub to reach the pump to turn it and if the pump is turning then you have problems elsewhere. What problems exactly are you having? Did you buy the trans new or used?

its that motor, them crankshafts on them iron headed 6.0s are different.....that motor is more than likely the issue

All the iron head LQ4s had the long crank and they all had the 4L80e (if auto) from the factory.

I'm not getting any fluid out of the trans lines, it won't shift n to any gear but park n I'm getting some codes on it. The trans is rebuilt but never ran since the rebuild

I asked the guy bout the crank being longer, he said he do feel like that's the issue. I'm pulling it out this week end. Wat all do I need to look for

Quote Originally Posted by bootlife View Post
    Wat all do I need to look for
    A transmission shop.

I'm pulling the trans, any body know how to tell the diff from a 4l60 flex plate from a 4l80?

i will tell you this we just did a engine sway on 02 chevy 1 ton 6.0 4l80e the flywheel was flat and had and adapter on it both of the engines did depending on years the 4l60e could use both flywheels flat which is what i have and concaved hope this helps

Ok the 6.0 has a 5.3 flywheel/flex plate. What is the right 1 I need? And where can I get 1? Parts stores here don't have a listing for a 6.0 to 4l60e trans

+ Reply to Thread