+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good deal on a mac socket set

good deal on a mac socket set

Mac tool truck stopped by the shop and I got a quote on a wrench set 1/4-15/16 for 236.00! I sat the wrenches down gently and walked away. Later when I was looking through the flyer I noticed the price on a socket set and I was speechless!

What's the surprise? That it's 5 times the price of craftsman or the harbor freight brands?
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    What's the surprise? That it's 5 times the price of craftsman or the harbor freight brands?
    How the hell is a poor workin man supposed to afford a set of those! Hell that's a dam house note for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jansen View Post
    How the hell is a poor workin man supposed to afford a set of those! Hell that's a dam house note for me!
    Ya I feel the same way however when it comes to most stuff I choose craftsman for warranty. For precision tools I was convinced by a fellow member a few years ago not to go cheap. (torque wrenches, etc)
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Ya I feel the same way however when it comes to most stuff I choose craftsman for warranty. For precision tools I was convinced by a fellow member a few years ago not to go cheap. (torque wrenches, etc)
    Same here! Do people really buy this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by jansen View Post
    Same here! Do people really buy this shit?
    Like 85% of my fatherinlaws tools are snapon

You can bitch about pricing but it's a different story when you make your living with them.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I do.

Mac tools are badass... But every tool breaks or gives within time... I recently had to send back my $500 ratchet for repair , it finally gave up on me and started skipping.

I have all Matco / silver eagle stuff besides my electrics I use snap on, got tired of replacing snapped sockets rounded out wrenches twisted off screwdrivers etc.... I understand there's cheaper tools out there with "lifetime" warranties but there comes a point when quality just makes life easier for me

+ Reply to Thread