+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My instrument cluster problem----95 gmc

My instrument cluster problem----95 gmc

In the middle of my lm7 swap. Doing a Calif. emmissions install. Anyway my truck is a 95, and installed a 98 fuel pump assembly, due to that I need the fuel tank press. sensor. Now the fuel gauge is way off. Shows 1/2 tank when its actually empty. Shows extremely full when its full. I adjusted the needle, but that didn't help. I'm thinking about finding a 98 instrument cluster or if its possible to remove and install a fuel gauge stepper motor. Really need some help on this one. Don't know what the dealer will say if I ask them.

Try to search ebay instead, there's gotta be some good used ones or refurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Try to search ebay instead, there's gotta be some good used ones or refurbs.
    Do you think that the 98 insturment cluster would work? Just got off the phone with Spectrum, they told me that I need a fuel gauge thats 40 ohms at empty and 250 at full. If the 98 has that I'm good then. Guess I'll look around and see.

Update to this thread. Spoke to a company that rebuilds the clusters and was told the 95-99 clusters are the same. So, I'm kind of stuck at the moment on what to do. Might have to buy an aftermarket gauge and install it near the instrument cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by HRV-LS1 View Post
    Update to this thread. Spoke to a company that rebuilds the clusters and was told the 95-99 clusters are the same. So, I'm kind of stuck at the moment on what to do. Might have to buy an aftermarket gauge and install it near the instrument cluster.
    Will this work for you?
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399573

That would be nice if I could use that, but I think that tuner is made for newer vehicles. I have a 95.

Quote Originally Posted by HRV-LS1 View Post
    That would be nice if I could use that, but I think that tuner is made for newer vehicles. I have a 95.
    Is your Speedo controlled by the ls pcm or the stock pcm? Set it up to be controlled using the ls pcm and that will work.

how do you change what controls the speedo?

yes...old thread, but how do you change what contrls speedo?

+ Reply to Thread