+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10" Rear Axle Off Center-This Normal?

Question 10" Rear Axle Off Center-This Normal?

Had a guy install my rebuilt 10" rear axle under my '96 2WD shortbed. The right rear tire sticks out an inch farthur than the left rear. Is this normal? (Maybe I put my bed back on a little to one side?) Thanx

well if it wasnt 1 inch off before then... i would say its off. my truck was off from factory. goggle 'chevy lean' all truck are gonna be off to some degree

Pix would be helpful. Sounds a little goofy.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Probably been wreck and got the dog walk goin on.

Truck has 40,xxx original miles & never wrecked. Guess I could simply measure out from the frame on both sides to see if they're the same. If its off center, do I just loosen the U-bolts & wiggle it over, or is there locating brackets/pins or something, that will not allow me to do this? thanx

Possible, but like u said could be the bed. The guy who traded erica beds still hasnt straightened his bed and looks like its dog walkin!

The axle plates have holes where the center pins in the springs locate the axle under the truck.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    The axle plates have holes where the center pins in the springs locate the axle under the truck.
    O.K., Good to know. My axle is now on the top of my leaf springs(axle flip), would this still apply? Thanks again.

it should still apply. The bed may be a little off center

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

+ Reply to Thread