+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigger oil filter for Gen 4 truck

Lightbulb Bigger oil filter for Gen 4 truck

The factory oil filters on LS engine are pretty small IMO. I found out that Mobil 1 oil filter M1-212 will also fit our engines in place of the M1-113 which is what is suggested. I bought a M1-212 filter yesterday and it fits just fine and is almost double the size of the M1-113. I just wanted to pass along the info.
    2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost Super Crew 4x4, stock and staying that way.
    2001 chevy green = LS1 stock, 3k stall, 373 posi, tuned by LSX Power in CS TX

Yea I used one that looked like it was for the old 5.7s recently. It works. Seems weird to use that small of a filter eo begin with.

Interesting that GM engineers settled for a small sized Oil Filter. One would hope that they know what they are doing ie: is bigger better or just overkill. I wonder if it has anything to do with Synthetic oil being used exclusively? Oh well,,,nice that there is a choice of bigger available.

I use wix filters on my trucks. I always tell them my truck is a 2000 year model because the early 5.3s had a bigger filter than the current ones do.

Yea I heard that Wix has a bigger size filter also. Post up the wix number for the bigger filter
    2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost Super Crew 4x4, stock and staying that way.
    2001 chevy green = LS1 stock, 3k stall, 373 posi, tuned by LSX Power in CS TX

Quote Originally Posted by SSM05 View Post
    I use wix filters on my trucks. I always tell them my truck is a 2000 year model because the early 5.3s had a bigger filter than the current ones do.
    Funny. Gen3 and Gen4 motors have different thread sizes for the oil filter.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Mines a 2000 and its had the smaller filters on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Mines a 2000 and its had the smaller filters on it.
    +1
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I dont see the humor other than you just trying to make me look stupid lol but if you think its funny then ok lol Hell I think my 2000 had a longer filter than my 03, 05, 06, and 08. And when i went to change the oil in my 03-08 i think i would always get a filter for the earlier 5.3 like the one that went on my first truck. My family owned a Napa store at the time and i looked at both of them and the only difference was the length. The thread and diameter were the same. Idk im not arguing because idk if a 08 is considered gen4 but im almost positive i did it that way. but thats been almost 4 years and one bad 4wheeler wreck ago so there is a hell of a good chance im wrong on the 08 part of it lol but im almost certain i did it that way on my 03, 05, and 06.

+ Reply to Thread