+ Reply to Thread

Thread: edelbrock pro flow xt efi

edelbrock pro flow xt efi

looking to put this on my truck i was wondering what else i would need besides fuel rails and a larger throttle body? does the hood still shut with out modification?? what kind of power gains to be expected?? im stuck between this and a new cam with ls7 roller lifters what would you guys do? help out a newb
    1999 chevy silverado Z-71- 5.3, CAI intake, catback, nelson tuned, lpp lt's, vette servo, e-fans.

definitely go with a cam and lifters, you will also need hardened pushrods and valve springs. You dont have the mods to need an intake like that. You will lose a good bit of low end torque

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

+1 That intake is great on a bigger motor or under boost, but your definitely not ready for it yet. A well speced cam will give better results although I would suggest getting a stall first.
    Stock motor+stall=more fun than cam and no stall.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+1

true dat

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

ive got a 3k stall in the basement i just havent thrown her in yet so i left it out of my sig. but it looks like my cam will have to wait i came out from my mma gym to a dent going from the bottom of the passenger side bed panel to almost the top of the bed going across from the taillight to the wheel well. hello insurance deductible.some peoples children i tell ya. but thanks for the advice ill go with the cam over the intake manifold!
    1999 chevy silverado Z-71- 5.3, CAI intake, catback, nelson tuned, lpp lt's, vette servo, e-fans.

Definitely not something you need. They are more race applications with large cubes, big shots of nitrous or high boost. You will loose power across your whole power band except right at red line in your application.

+1. A 3600 stall and a stock engine is fun. You can make great power while still retaining the truck intake.
    2002 ECSB 2WD 5.3
    1995 Formula Firebird 383 LT1
    1984 Camaro 408 SBC

Most sports require one ball, motocross requires two.

Racing isn't a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that.

I'm putting one on my daily , na 5.3,anything is better than the stock one
    But yea do cam first

+ Reply to Thread