+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 01 silverado help

01 silverado help

hey guys was just curious about swaping my silverado. im ordering a 5.3 out of an 01 silverado. my truck is the same year and everything i was just curious as to if i had to do anything special for the mounts or if the 5.3 bolts will work on my truck with no issues. and i have heard u had to use braided lines to connect your fuel lines to the fuel rails i didnt know if anyone had a pic i could see of that... thanks!

It might help a little bit if you explained what you are swapping out and exactly what you are putting in ... as in: keeping your stock tranny? If so, what is it? I take it you must have a V6 in your truck? Explain some of these things and it will be a start!
    - Paul J.
    2006 Silverado LT3 L33 Z71 - Mods: K&N Air Filter; Taylor Wires
    2008 Azera Limited - Mods: (Yah, wife's car ... not happening)
    (SOLD) 1994 Camaro Z28 - Mods: (Too many to mention)
    (SOLD) 2004 Suburban 5.3L Z71 - Mods: Flex-a-Lite 292 Monster Fan
    (SOLD) 2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 - Mods: (NTIKO)
    (SOLD) 1991 Suburban 350 2WD - Mods: (NTIKO)

nothing to worry about, just read a lil more before you post

lol sorry was trying to post and deal with my kids at the same time.... alright my truck is a 01 silverado with a 4.3, it has a 60e behind it. extended cab 2wd. im looking at a 5.3 with 67k miles for 900 dollars it comes with a harness, and MAF. i have read i need to buy some 5.3 mounts from GM. no biggie. and wasnt to sure about the fuel lines. I also read i can just simply send my ECU to Nelson Performance and they will flash it and tune it per my modifications, and change the parameters for a v8 instead of the v6. i think thats about it. and any kind of tips or tricks would be appropriated, have been doing little things to my truck for about a year now and a lot of my friends have hemis and lightnings. would like to pull something out and scare them lol.

Be sure to get the frame mounts and engine mounts if it doesn't include them..an intake pipe is needed too. Should be pretty plug and play overall.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

okay awesome will i need the 5.3 MAF or will a 4.3 MAF work? and the as for the fuel lines will i need to do anything special for them? gonna start tearing the truck apart this week end and i found my donor motor today and am picking it up after work tomorrow.

Not that this is definitive, but Rock Auto lists the MAF with the same GM part number (AC Delco - 2134160) for both the 4.3L and the 5.3L engine models for MY 1999-06. It should work in either application.
    - Paul J.
    2006 Silverado LT3 L33 Z71 - Mods: K&N Air Filter; Taylor Wires
    2008 Azera Limited - Mods: (Yah, wife's car ... not happening)
    (SOLD) 1994 Camaro Z28 - Mods: (Too many to mention)
    (SOLD) 2004 Suburban 5.3L Z71 - Mods: Flex-a-Lite 292 Monster Fan
    (SOLD) 2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 - Mods: (NTIKO)
    (SOLD) 1991 Suburban 350 2WD - Mods: (NTIKO)

I re-used my 4.3 maf
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Will the 4L60E trans from the 4.3 fit and function for the 5.3? Torque converter/Flex-plate same?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Boosted Aira View Post
    Will the 4L60E trans from the 4.3 fit and function for the 5.3? Torque converter/Flex-plate same?
    Tranny and verter will. Flexplate idk
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

+ Reply to Thread