+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My winter build (Rebuild after fire)

Cool My winter build (Rebuild after fire)

I started on my new truck a couple weeks ago and have made a lot of progress so I thought id start a build thread on it. Im replacing the white truck in my sig since i lost it to a fire on june 2nd of this summer.

I got the front suspension out of the burnt truck and put it in this truck for the time being, im goin to put DJM tubular control arms in it by spring. The rear end i just ripped all the suspension out of it and ratchet strapped the rear end in place. Its getting a RideTech triangulated 4 link, QA1 coil overs, and a GM 10 bolt out a 96 impala ss. the impala rear end is the same width and wheel bolt pattern as the truck but ill have 3.73 limited slip diff, and rear disc brakes. The factory G-body for link upper control arm mounts on the rear end will work perfect with the ridetech kit. I just have to make new rod ends. The front clip was takin off, frame rails and fire wall sand blasted, made some block off plates for the firewall. Then I painted it all with my gun with Gloss black. Hopin to have the motor painted and in the truck soon.

Now for the pics!

Body lift in

body lift out

Burnt hood, grille, bumper, headlights, and antenna

New TSW 19"s

Basically how the truck will look in the spring

Wheels fit really nice, gotta roll the fenders tho

Just a cool pic of the toys

I moved the box forward 3/4" to close up the gap a little bit for a cleaner look.

Rear end moved forward 3/4" and tacked in place, about to start tacking in the 4 link

Had some fun with a magic marker

Ill post more as I go!
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/JMinor00/chevy-1.jpg
    White 1992 C1500 RIP, lost to fire
    Orange 1997 C1500 Autocross truck

looking good. i love the hell out ou that ss!

Thanks! That car is gonna stay stock, besides the wheels, its only got 20,xxx miles on it and its a true slp car. bought it with the insurance money from the burnt truck.

That sure was an ugly truck with the body lift and wheel/tire combo. It's starting to look good now though.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Yeah i couldnt even drive it like that it was to embarassing. but i bought the truck outta texas like that. I almost passed it up but i couldnt believe how clean and solid the body and frame is i had to have it.

Good to see you could still use some of the old stuff!

Thats gonna be badass when its done. Nice Camaro SS

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Coming out nice

Glad to see u got another one. That really sucked what happened to that last one. Standing there watching your baby go up in flames would really suck. I have the same body stile, with a 5/7 drop an 20's , an mine sits just like yours, u posted that u have a 3/4 drop? Looks to be a little more than that? Truck looks really good.

No it's a 5/7 beltech drop. Itll end up being a 5/8 or 5/9 once I get the 4 link done and the coil overs in. I want it to sit kinda level. But thanks for the compliments. I'm painting up my 5.3 tonight and get it ready to put in. I need the engine and trans atleast sittin in place so I can double check the pinion angle before I weld the 4 link all in. I'll post pics later tonight or tomoro.

+ Reply to Thread