+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My winter build (Rebuild after fire)

What did you use to paint the intake? Looks awesome!! Is that full lock in the last two pictures?
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Yeah that's full lock side to side. I got a little over a finger space on each side but I'm gonna roll the fenders a little more to be safe since ill be putting this truck threw its paces when it's done, and im gonna have my metal guy cut off the steering stops and move them back an inch to get more steering angle for autocross. I used Dupli-color truck bed coating I bought from oreillys. If u spray light coats at a time and from a distance u get that nice fine texture. I'm gonna do the coil covers to match and mayb put a coat of clear on them for a nice shine.

I painted my coil overs to match my truck and they turned out real nice, candy apple with clear coat. It last about a year and then it cracks, so then I take them out next winter and redo them.

I don't know if u guys noticed to or if u can really even tell in these pics but the box and rearend are moved up 3/4 of an inch so now there's only a 1/2" gap between them instead of 1 1/4"

Quote Originally Posted by Chevlowrider View Post
    Yeah that's full lock side to side. I got a little over a finger space on each side but I'm gonna roll the fenders a little more to be safe since ill be putting this truck threw its paces when it's done, and im gonna have my metal guy cut off the steering stops and move them back an inch to get more steering angle for autocross. I used Dupli-color truck bed coating I bought from oreillys. If u spray light coats at a time and from a distance u get that nice fine texture. I'm gonna do the coil covers to match and mayb put a coat of clear on them for a nice shine.
    Awesome!! It almost looks like a wrinkle powder coat. Definitely dig it.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Thanks, that's what I was kinda goin for.

I played with the truck tonight a little bit. I put the front bumper on but it needs a lot of adjustment. Its sits so low! And I started swapping stuff off my stock intake onto my shaved intake with the new professional products fuel rails. And of coarse none of it fit so I need to make some brackets.

I felt like playing with my welder so I welded up some screw holes and the filled the stake pockets on my box today. This is my favorite thing to do. It's a lot of fun.

Maybe tomoro ill get the tailgate handle, fuel door, and 3rd brake light filled and welded up.

trucks comming along...imreally diggin the look of the shaved intake with the chevy orange....will you be able to use that PS fender due to it being burned? heat didnt distort the metal at all??
    2005 GMC RST *sold
    2006 Silverado SS with nawz

Thanks. Yeah the fender is still nice and straight just the paint is burnt off. The red fender was damaged.

+ Reply to Thread