+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My winter build (Rebuild after fire)

You gonna keep the truck red or go back to the white with stripes?
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

When I get around to doing the body work it will be red with black stripes similar to the white truck.

Got home after a long day of work so I didn't get a hole lot done on my motor but this is what I did get done.

I haven't updated in a while. I got the motor back together and joined with the trans and put it in the truck, got all the brakes and suspension painted in the front and ran new brake lines with my new line lock. I'm gonna paint the inner fenders and core support tonight so I can get the front clip back on tomoro. What do you guys think?

Lookin good.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

I got the front clip back together the other night, just need to get the front bumper on and fitting right.

Well i got some more work done on the truck. I shaved the factory truck intake, ordered a new fuel rail kit, and the holley coil covers. the intake, rails, and coil covers are just setting on it right now for looks. i bought a new DD and it needed some work so ive been playing with that lately. The truck leaves to PGI metal works in town here after christmas to the back half of the frame boxed, 5" C-notches, 4 link finished up and welded, cross member made for the coil overs, cross member made for the transmission, and box cut out in the center and a tunnel welded in. while its out ill get my wiring harness done and ready to go in.

One of my buddies found this picture on his old phone, crazy memories now.
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/JMinor00/chevy-1.jpg
    White 1992 C1500 RIP, lost to fire
    Orange 1997 C1500 Autocross truck

The engine looks awesome!! I have those coil covers on my wish list, your attention to detail is very nice. Look forward to more updates!

I worked a little on my truck tonight. The front end wasn't sitting where I wanted it to. So I pulled a chip foose and cut a coil out of the front springs. Didn't change much but lowered it a couple inches. Hopefully Ill have all new front suspension in the spring but until then this will work. It sits level and really clean now.

I am loving the look of the new truck man. It's coming along nice.
    2001 Silverado, work in progress. Add a vette servo and Nissan e-fans

+ Reply to Thread