+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need honest, unbiased feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by NoTaTurBo View Post
    It's a bunch of BS. I was being sarcsatic when I said like a tank, but it hasn't lasted 4-5000 in theirs I don't believe. I love the truck though. They pull a 35 foot keifer built with full living quarters and 4 horses with ease. It rides like hell unhooked without the weight on the back. I guess that is just because it is a 450. Unhooked it gets around 12.5-13mpg depending on who is driving it. It gets 10.5 to 11 hooked up. They do have a 450 though vs a 250... I think you will be very happy with one. You say you won't do anything but a tune, but if there is a way around that exhaust fluid bs, I am sure you will find it and you wont be stock for long after a tune and that so good luck with that!
    I want a warranty. You can't have that if you delete the Dpf and urea systems. The only reason I'm getting one is for work. I want something that can go straight to the dealer if something goes wrong and they have no excuse to hassle me. The crew cab has been awesome, but the constant worry of something going wrong is always there. I'm looking at Fords because I know nothing about them and they are cheaper than duramaxs and have the best interior IMHO. I sit in the truck for 12 hours a day. I want something nicer to sit in than this LT Chevy interior. If I find an LT dmax for the right price, I'll get it... But 75% sure I won't mod it at all, unless it comes from this one specific dealer who is cool about it.

my son has a '12 and i dont see any flaws with it...plenty of power and the ride is great....cooled seats ( i call em nut coolers ) aint so bad either
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

My mother in law has a 12 dirtymax and it is a work horse and a half. In all of the comparisons the duramax is given the best marks for performance, mileage, and driveability. I know it will blow the damn 33" tires off like its nothing. She got a smoking deal on it. It will out tow out stop and generally out perform in every area the fords. Now interior is a different story to each his own.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    My mother in law has a 12 dirtymax and it is a work horse and a half. In all of the comparisons the duramax is given the best marks for performance, mileage, and driveability. I know it will blow the damn 33" tires off like its nothing. She got a smoking deal on it. It will out tow out stop and generally out perform in every area the fords. Now interior is a different story to each his own.
    See, I know 3-4 guys with the 2011-2013 dmaxes and none of them get over 15mpg.

If i was gonna get one with DPF, i would go that route they F250 are nice
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Quote Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK View Post
    If i was gonna get one with DPF, i would go that route they F250 are nice
    I'm going to look at another one in the next day or two. Found one close that I like a lot. Pearl white with the brown accents.

There seems to be some getting 18mpg stock in them after some searches on diesel forums... The interior is unbeatable. That is not an opinion. That is a fact. Ford has the best looking interior. It's like looking at and roses. There is no comparison lol. If I had diesel money and was not waiting on new body styles, I can't say I would not be in one. It would really be between it and a ltz duramax.
    Last edited by Moderator; 10-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.

2005 CCSB Silverado- 5.3
    Airaid CAI
    True Dual Exhaust
    NPTune
    3.73 Yukon Duragrip limited Slip Diff.

The difference in the two trucks you're talking about is 15000$...

I've never owned a Ford diesel personally, but I did use a 2012 6.7 powerstroke for a hotshot truck and I loved it. I drove the new Dodges and Chevys as hotshot trucks as well and I drive a Duramax for personal use, but the new Ford certainly was my favorite. It had all kinds of power and was comfortable to drive. I do like the location of where you pour in the urea on the Ford better compared to the Chevy being under the hood. I was constantly hooked to a 40ft ramp trailer so it seemed like it went through a lot of urea to me, but so did the Chevy and Dodge.

I went to the Chevy dealer today. He said if he could unload my truck at another dealer for 27000, I'd be in the ltz dmax I want tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread