+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need honest, unbiased feedback...

Need honest, unbiased feedback...

Does anyone have experience with the new 6.7 powerstrokes? I want some feedback before I go spend 50k on a truck.

They got good power , we got a 12'

Only thing that sucks the design and area where filter is mounted , if u go down county roads get ready to break that housing on filter or make a shield

I rented one last weekend to haul my broken truck home. Towing roughly 7500lbs it got 16.5 mpg doing 70. Lots of power, and it was quiet. With traction control and the advancetrac system off it would light the tires up at 40 mph. If I had the dough, I would get one. The only thing I didn't like was the dash layout, but powertrain wise it was solid.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

My Girlfriend has a 2011 f450 6.7. They have 25000 on it with zero problems. They are mostly all pulling miles. It pulls like a dream and the interior is awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to run some exhaust fluid bs that is like 25 dollars a gallon that last about a tank of gas.

2005 CCSB Silverado- 5.3
    Airaid CAI
    True Dual Exhaust
    NPTune
    3.73 Yukon Duragrip limited Slip Diff.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTaTurBo View Post
    My Girlfriend has a 2011 f450 6.7. They have 25000 on it with zero problems. They are mostly all pulling miles. It pulls like a dream and the interior is awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to run some exhaust fluid bs that is like 25 dollars a gallon that last about a tank of gas.
    Dpf, and its supposed to last around 4000-5000 miles a tank. Some last longer, some don't. It is expensive, but the new dmaxs have it and the Cummins will soon if they don't already.

DEF* and that's all Halliburton runs at our camp is the new 6.7 and it's actually a hoss and handles all the abuse we give it and people def drive it like they are not theirs lol we have had a couple problems with the filters getting broken on lease roads but that was probably due to the. People that were driving them, if it means anything some of the most die hard cummins guys from work have traded in and grabbed a new powerstroke, I like them and feel like they are the best of the big 3 right now....

They look killer, the newer front ends are badass and beefy! But i love the new dmax just as much too. Seen a bagged DenaliHD and that thing was insane looking!

Quote Originally Posted by conekiller01 View Post
    DEF* and that's all Halliburton runs at our camp is the new 6.7 and it's actually a hoss and handles all the abuse we give it and people def drive it like they are not theirs lol we have had a couple problems with the filters getting broken on lease roads but that was probably due to the. People that were driving them, if it means anything some of the most die hard cummins guys from work have traded in and grabbed a new powerstroke, I like them and feel like they are the best of the big 3 right now....
    I'm probably trading silver in on one if no one buys it... Like, this week.

For a pure work vehicle I honestly don't think there's a better choice out there right now... Pretty sure you won't regret it and that's hard to say coming from someone that has never considered a vehicle without a bowtie out front

It's a bunch of BS. I was being sarcsatic when I said like a tank, but it hasn't lasted 4-5000 in theirs I don't believe. I love the truck though. They pull a 35 foot keifer built with full living quarters and 4 horses with ease. It rides like hell unhooked without the weight on the back. I guess that is just because it is a 450. Unhooked it gets around 12.5-13mpg depending on who is driving it. It gets 10.5 to 11 hooked up. They do have a 450 though vs a 250... I think you will be very happy with one. You say you won't do anything but a tune, but if there is a way around that exhaust fluid bs, I am sure you will find it and you wont be stock for long after a tune and that so good luck with that!

2005 CCSB Silverado- 5.3
    Airaid CAI
    True Dual Exhaust
    NPTune
    3.73 Yukon Duragrip limited Slip Diff.

+ Reply to Thread