+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Converting 02 silverado to factory electric fans

Converting 02 silverado to factory electric fans

I have a 2002 silverado 1500 and it has the clutch fan and I just bought the factory fans and shroud and harness and I need to know how to wire them into my fuse panel under the hood

Search button is your friend. Pretty good info out there. Did you get the 05+ setup?
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

What harness did u get ? Easiest thing is to get Nelson harness, comes with all detailed instructions and easy to do.

A harness from a 05 will need to be modified to work on a 99-02 truck. Also there is much better options than the Nelson harness.

The Fleet...
    2003 Suburban- 5.4 L59 331CI 10:5.1 Compression -Built by ME
    2004 Avalanche- 5.7 LS1 -NOT built by me
    2005 Silverado RCSB- 5.7 LS6 -Built by ME

Quote Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE View Post
    A harness from a 05 will need to be modified to work on a 99-02 truck. Also there is much better options than the Nelson harness.
    Oh really? Why dont you enlighten us on better options? The nelson harness is about as plug and play as a harness could possibly be and its not super expensive either.

Anyone notice he said that only fans, shroud and harness was bought....kinda hard to put that on a 28in radiator...also your PCM will need tuned to turn on those pins
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Oh really? Why dont you enlighten us on better options? The nelson harness is about as plug and play as a harness could possibly be and its not super expensive either.
    Not trying to start a ruckus, just saying there is options with better quality and for cheaper. Check eBay item 261072252444

The Fleet...
    2003 Suburban- 5.4 L59 331CI 10:5.1 Compression -Built by ME
    2004 Avalanche- 5.7 LS1 -NOT built by me
    2005 Silverado RCSB- 5.7 LS6 -Built by ME

Just to let everyone know a little bit about our harnesses. Our fan harness is $109 plus shipping. The key features of the harness are that we use TXL automotive grade wire on all harnesses. We also not only crimp the terminals on but all connections are soldered for better connectivity and durability. Our three relay setup has also been dramatically improved since we now use 100% sealed relays and relay blocks to prevent water and other debris from contaminating the relay connections.

Just wanted to clear a few things up PM me if anyone has questions.
    Nelson Performance
    210-626-0278
    facebook.com/nelsonperformance
    erica@nelsonperformance.com

The truck they came off is a 05 v6 and I got the fans and the shroud they are attached to and the complete front lighting harness that the fans are plugged into and I was told by my two local tuners I really don't need the harness I have to give power to the fans and then run a wire to the PCM an have it tuned what temps to turn on and I haven't really seeker this out further and the shroud looks to be the same size as the shroud that I will remove with my clutch fan

Quote Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE View Post
    Not trying to start a ruckus, just saying there is options with better quality and for cheaper. Check eBay item 261072252444
    This wouldn't be the first negative comment you've made against me. Or an incorrect statement regarding advice.
    By all means post what you feel, it's ur right as a member on this site.
    But please get ur facts straight!

What quality and rating is that wire covering?
    I see it only has two relays.
    How about those relays that aren't sealed? Been there done that, hence the oem quality sealed relay blocks we use.

That harness may be cheaper, u got that right; but its not better.

Sorry to get off topic,
    Last edited by farmtruc; 10-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread